|Role||Turboprop airliner/Military transport|
|Manufacturer||Xi'an Aircraft Industrial Corporation under the China Aviation Industry Corporation I|
|First flight||September 2008|
|Developed from||Antonov An-26 and Xian MA60|
The Xian MA600 (MA for Modern Ark) is an improved version of the Xian MA60 manufactured by Xi'an Aircraft Industry Company Ltd under AVIC I. Xi'an Aircraft Industry rolled out its first MA600 turboprop on the 29 June 2008. MA600 made its maiden flight in September 2008. The aircraft is equipped with new avionics, improved passenger cabin and engines with increased thrust when compared to MA60. 
Powered by Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127J turboprop engines, it has a 60 passenger capacity.
Xi'an Aircraft Industry Co., manufacturer of the MA600, noted that the successful test flight is "an important milestone" in Chinese domestic aircraft production. MD Meng Xiangkai revealed that the aircraft is expected to obtain its airworthiness certificate and enter service in the second half of 2009, with the first delivery to the Civil Aviation Flight University of China in Sichuan Province. Batch delivery will start in 2010.
The aircraft will be equipped with the Becker-Communications "DVCS6100 Digital Intercom System,Cabin Intercommunication and Passenger Address". The cockpit is equipped with the Rockwell Collins Pro Line 21 avionics suite.
Data from Modern Ark
- Crew: two pilots
- Capacity: 60 passengers
- Length: 24.71 m (81.0695 ft)
- Wingspan: 29.20 m (95.80 ft)
- Height: 8.858 m (29.06 ft)
- Empty weight: 13,730kg (30269.46 lb)
- Max. takeoff weight: 21,800 kg (48060.77 lb)
- Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PW127J turboprops, 2,148 kW (2,880 shp) each
- Maximum speed: 514 km/h (278 KTAS)
- Range: 1,430 km (775 nm) with 56 passengers and 198 lb (90kg) per passenger with reserve: 185 km + 45min., ISA
- Service ceiling: 7,622 m (25,000 ft)
MA700 is the development of MA600, which is a stretched version of MA600 with up to 70 seats. Maiden flight is scheduled in 2015, state certification is scheduled two years later in 2017, and the commercial service is scheduled to begin in 2018. MA700 is designed to be have an increase of fuel efficiency of 20% and the reduction of operating cost of 10% in comparison to MA600, despite being larger than MA600.
- Related development
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
- Related lists
- "China's MA600 completes first flight"
- "Modern Ark 600 and other info"
- "Information from ATW News"
- "MA600 takes to the skies over Xi'an"
- "NEWSDESK". AUSTRALIAN AVIATION (No252): 6. August 2008.
- "China unveils new turboprop regional aircraft". 2008-06-29. Retrieved 2008-09-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Xi'an MA-600.|
- MA60 Aircraft – Official Site
- "Maiden Flight of China-Made MA600 Turboprop Aircraft". Test flight video.