Ólafur Ingi Skúlason
|Full name||Ólafur Ingi Skúlason|
|Date of birth||1 April 1983|
|Place of birth||Reykjavík, Iceland|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2003||→ Fylkir (loan)||14||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 October 2015.
Ólafur was born in Reykjavík, Iceland and, before playing for Arsenal F.C., played for Icelandic soccer team Fylkir. After the Icelandic season had come to a close, he was looking for new employment, and found it with Arsenal on 1 July 2001. Ólafur was loaned back to Fylkir over a part of the 2003 season, and was voted the best young player in the Icelandic league 2003.
A defensive midfielder, his Arsenal debut came on 2 December 2003 in a 5–1 defeat of Wolverhampton Wanderers F.C., replacing Justin Hoyte after 55 minutes of the match. Ólafur was released by Arsenal on 28 May 2005. He signed for Brentford on 22 June 2005. Upon his arrival at Brentford, the club's website quoted him as saying: "I look at this as a very important move for my career, knowing that manager Martin Allen had been interested in signing me for a while was a huge compliment for me."
In the second game of the 2005/6 season, Ólafur picked up a cruciate and medial ligament injury resulting from a tackle with Chesterfield's Derek Niven, which ruled him out of the rest of the season. He was passed fit for the start of the 2006/7 season and completed his comeback by scoring the winner in a 1–0 win over Blackpool, the first game of the season. He signed for Helsingborgs IF on 21 February 2007. After three successful years in Helsingborg, Ólafur denied a new contract offer and signed for Danish team SønderjyskE on 6 December 2009.
- "Olafur-Ingi Skulason | Arsenal.com". www.arsenal.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Skulason's rise to prominence". www.arsenal.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Olafur Ingi Skulason | Football Stats | Genclerbirligi Ankara | Season 2003/2004 | Soccer Base". www.soccerbase.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Arsenal release five youngsters". www.arsenal.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Bees bring in midfielder Skulason". BBC. 2005-06-22. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Haynes, Graham; Coumbe, Frank (2006). Timeless Bees: Brentford F.C. Who's Who 1920-2006. Harefield: Yore Publications. p. 146. ISBN 978-0955294914.
- "Brentford 1–0 Blackpool". BBC. 5 August 2006. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Skulason är klar för Helsingborg". Expressen. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Olafur-Ingi Skulason". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Olafur Ingi Skulason". 11v11.com. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- "Brentford sign Skulason - Brentford FC - BeesMad". www.brentford-mad.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-10-28.
- Helsingborgs profile
- Ólafur Ingi Skúlason at National-Football-Teams.com
- Ólafur Ingi Skúlason career statistics at Soccerbase