1858 in Sweden
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Years in Sweden:||1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861|
|Centuries:||18th century · 19th century · 20th century|
|Decades:||1820s 1830s 1840s 1850s 1860s 1870s 1880s|
|Years:||1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861|
Events from the year 1858 in Sweden
- - The Conventicle Act (Sweden) is removed and the free churches are legalized.
- - Establishment of the Geological Survey of Sweden
- - Gothenburg Central Station is inaugurated.
- - Statistics Sweden is created.
- - Inauguration of Vänortsparken
- - Legal majority for unmarried women (if applied for; automatic legal majority in 1863).
- - Louise Flodin starts her own news paper in Arboga, staffed exclusively by women.
- - The formal right of an employer to physically discipline their adult servants is abolished.
- 28 February - Tore Svennberg, actor (died 1941)
- 20 November - Selma Lagerlöf, writer (died 1940)
- - Kata Dalström, political agitator (died 1923)
- - Alina Jägerstedt, union worker (died 1919)
- - Ebba Bernadotte, philanthropist and morganatic consort (died 1926)
- 30 March - Marie Kinnberg, photographer and painter (born 1806)
- 15 October - Karl Gustaf Mosander, chemist (born 1797)
- Ulla Stenberg, artist (born 1792)
- 2 April – Charlotte Lindmark, ballerina (born 1819)
- 31 December – Vilhelmina Gyldenstolpe, court official (born 1779)
- Lilla Focus Uppslagsbok (Little Focus Encyclopedia) Focus Uppslagsböcker AB (1979) (Swedish)
- Ohlander, Ann-Sofie, Kärlek, död och frihet: historiska uppsatser om människovärde och livsvillkor i Sverige, Norstedt, Stockholm, 1985
|This year in Sweden article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|