1959–60 New York Rangers season
|1959–60 New York Rangers|
|General Manager||Muzz Patrick|
Phil Watson |
|Arena||Madison Square Garden|
|Goals||Dean Prentice (32)|
|Assists||Andy Bathgate (48)|
|Points||Andy Bathgate (74)|
|Penalties in minutes||Lou Fontinato (137)|
|Wins||Gump Worsley (7)|
|Goals against average||Jack McCartan (1.75)|
The 1959–60 New York Rangers season was the 34th season for the team in the National Hockey League (NHL). In the regular season, the Rangers had a 17–38–15 record, and finished with 49 points. Their last-place finish caused them to miss the NHL playoffs.
|2||Toronto Maple Leafs||70||35||26||9||199||195||+4||79|
|3||Chicago Black Hawks||70||28||29||13||191||180||+11||69|
|4||Detroit Red Wings||70||26||29||15||186||197||−11||67|
|6||New York Rangers||70||17||38||15||187||247||−60||49|
Record vs. opponents
|1959–60 NHL Records|
Schedule and results
|1959–60 Game Log|
†Denotes player spent time with another team before joining Rangers. Stats reflect time with Rangers only.
‡Traded mid-season. Stats reflect time with Rangers only.
- Pos = Position; GPI = Games played in; G = Goals; A = Assists; Pts = Points; PIM = Penalty minutes; +/- = Plus/minus; PPG = Power-play goals; SHG = Short-handed goals; GWG = Game-winning goals
- Min, TOI = Minutes played; W = Wins; L = Losses; T,T/OT = Ties; OTL = Overtime losses; GA = Goals-against; GAA = Goals-against average; SO = Shutouts; SA = Shots against; SV = Shots saved; SV% = Save percentage;
Awards and records
1959–1960 New York Rangers Roster
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (July 2010)
- "1959–60 NHL Season Summary". Hockey-Reference. Retrieved 2011-03-12.
- "1959–1960 Division Standings Standings - NHL.com - Standings". National Hockey League.
- "1959–60 New York Rangers". hockeydb.com. Archived from the original on 30 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Halligan, John. "The Greatest Player Not in the Hockey Hall of Fame". New York Rangers. Retrieved 2011-06-04.