1972 Palanca Awards
The Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature winners in the year 1972 (rank, title of winning entry, name of author).
First Prize: "Grave for Blue Flowers" by Jesus T. Peralta
Second Prize: "The Undiscovered Country" by Manuel M. Martell
Third Prizes: "The Renegade" by Elsa M. Coscolluela and "Now is the Time for All Good Men to Come to the Aid of their Country" by Julian E. Dacanay Jr.
Filipino (Tagalog) Division
Short Story in Filipino
- First Prize: "Si Loleng Marya Kapra, Mga Araw at Gabi at ang Bukang Liwayway sa Kanyang Buhay" by Wilfredo Pa. Virtusio
- Second Prize: "Kumpisal" by Norma Miraflor
- Third Prize: "Sandaang Damit" by Fanny A. Garcia
Poetry in Filipino
- Special Prizes:
- "1 Mayo 1971 at Iba Pang Tula" by Epifanio San Juan Jr.
- "20 Tula" by Lamberto E. Antonio
- "Bagong Balintawak" by Celestino M. Vega
- "Caloocan: Balada ng Duguang Tinig" by Ruth Elynia S. Mabanglo
- "Katipunan ng Napapanahong Mga Tula" by Teo S. Baylen
- "Sitsit sa Kuliglig" by Rolando S. Tinio
One-Act Play in Filipino
- First Prize: "Ang Unang Pagtatanghal ng 'Ang Huling Pasyon ni Hermano Pule'" by Rosauro Dela Cruz
- Second Prize: "Ang Katwiran ay Katwiran" by Rolando S. Tinio
- Third Prize: "Kumbensiyon ng mga Halimaw" by Rey Dela Cruz
- "The Don Carlos Palanca Memorial Awards for Literature | Winners 1972". Archived from the original on 2009-10-24.