Diana Ross & the Supremes: 20 Golden Greats
|20 Golden Greats|
|Greatest hits album by Diana Ross & the Supremes|
|Genre||Pop, R&B, Baroque pop, Psychedelic pop|
Nickolas Ashford & Valerie Simpson
R. Dean Taylor
20 Golden Greats is a 1977 compilation album by Diana Ross & the Supremes, released on the Motown label in the United Kingdom, which spent seven weeks at number one on the UK album charts. Despite the album's title, the compilation included two tracks that had never been hit singles in the UK: "My World Is Empty Without You" and "Love Is Like an Itching in My Heart". All the other 18 tracks had made the UK singles chart. BPI awarded this album with a platinum disc to commemorate sales in the UK of more than £1,000,000 worth of the album. Motown expanded the track list to include hits from the Supremes after Ross left the trio in 1970, also including her solo work up to 1981 for the 1998 "40 Golden Motown Greats" CD. The same album artwork was used and this collection earned a gold disc for sales exceeding 100,000 copies.
- "Where Did Our Love Go" from Where Did Our Love Go
- "Baby Love" from Where Did Our Love Go
- "Come See About Me" from Where Did Our Love Go
- "Stop! In the Name of Love" from More Hits by The Supremes
- "Back in My Arms Again" from More Hits by The Supremes
- "I Hear a Symphony" from I Hear a Symphony
- "My World Is Empty Without You" from I Hear a Symphony
- "Love Is Like an Itching in My Heart" from The Supremes A' Go-Go
- "You Can't Hurry Love" from The Supremes A' Go-Go
- "You Keep Me Hangin' On" from The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland
- "Love Is Here and Now You're Gone" from The Supremes Sing Holland-Dozier-Holland
- "The Happening" from The Happening and Greatest Hits
- "Reflections" from Reflections
- "In and Out of Love" from Reflections
- "Forever Came Today" from Reflections
- "Some Things You Never Get Used To" from Love Child
- "Love Child" from Love Child
- "I'm Livin' in Shame" from Let the Sunshine In
- "No Matter What Sign You Are" from Let the Sunshine In
- "Someday We'll Be Together" from Cream of the Crop
- Diana Ross: lead vocals
- Mary Wilson: background vocals from "Where Did Our Love Go" through "In and Out of Love"
- Florence Ballard: background vocals from "Where Did Our Love Go" through "In and Out of Love"
- The Andantes (Jackie Hicks, Marlene Barrow and Louvain Demps): background vocals on "In and Out of Love" (shared with The Supremes), "Forever Came Today", "Love Child", I'm Livin' in Shame", and "No Matter What Sign You Are"
- Maxine Waters and Julia Waters: background vocals on "Someday We'll Be Together"
- Johnny Bristol: male vocal and background vocals on "Someday We'll Be Together"
- Nickolas Ashford and Valerie Simpson: background vocals on "Some Things You Never Get Used To".
- Nick Ashford—Composer
- Jackey Beavers—Composer
- Johnny Bristol—Composer
- Henry Cosby—Composer
- Frank DeVol—Composer
- Lamont Dozier—Composer
- Harvey Fuqua—Composer
- Berry Gordy, Jr.—Composer
- Brian Holland—Composer
- Eddie Holland—Composer
- Deke Richards—Composer
- Pam Sawyer—Composer
- Valerie Simpson—Composer
- The Supremes—Primary Artist
- R. Dean Taylor—Composer
- Frank Wilson—Composer
|UK Albums Chart||1|
Elvis Presley's 40 Greatest Hits by Elvis Presley
|UK Albums Chart number-one album
17 September – 5 November 1977
40 Golden Greats
by Cliff Richard & The Shadows
- "BPI > Certified Awards > Search results for Phil Collins (page 4)". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2016-02-16.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums. HIT Entertainment.