438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group|
The commander of the 438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group, gives a certificate to an Afghan National Army Air Force airman during a graduation ceremony
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Garrison/HQ||Kabul Airport, Afghanistan|
|438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group emblem|
The 438th Air Expeditionary Group stood up on in November 2008 at Kabul Airport, Afghanistan to train fixed and rotary wing aircrew and maintenance me.
Global War On Terrorism
The 438th Air Expeditionary Group was activated as part of the Global War On Terror in 2008.
- Constituted as the 438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Group on 23 October 2008
- Activated on 1 November 2008
- 438th Air Expeditionary Wing, 2008–present
- 438th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron - renamed 311th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron, February 2016, to follow in the traditions of No. 311 (Czech) Squadron RAF under Czech Air Force command. The 311 Squadron was disbanded in February 2019.
- 439th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron
- 440th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron
- 538th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron
- 738th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron
- Detachment 1 (Jalalabad)
- Detachment 3 (Mazar-e-Shariff)
- Kabul Airport, Afghanistan, 1 November 2008 - present
- 440th Air Expeditionary Advisory Squadron Changes Hands
- [permanent dead link]