A A Mamun
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
Early life and education
Born in Dhaka, Bangladesh on 31 December 1966, Mamun attended Jahangirnagar University where he gained a BSc and a MSc in physics. As part of the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan he gained a PhD in plasma physics at the University of St Andrews.
He then performed postdoctoral studies in Germany and the UK, under an Alexander von Humboldt (AvH) Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation and a Commonwealth Post-doctoral Research Fellowship. As well as his faculty position at Jahangirnagar, Mamun has a visiting position at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy.
Awards and honours
Mamun received the Bangladesh Academy of Sciences Gold Medal for Physical Sciences (Junior Group) in 2004, and the Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel Research Award in 2009 from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- "JU Faculty selected as the recipient of Bessel Research Award", The Daily Star (Bangladesh), May 31, 2009.
- Academy Gold Medal Award, Bangladesh Academy of Sciences, retrieved 2012-07-25.
- "JU People Portal". Jahangirnagar University. 2011. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "ICTP Associate and Federation Scheme Portal"., ICTP, Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Google Scholar: Citations"., Retrieved 1 February 2013.