|Alma mater||CEPT University|
University of Southern California
Early life and education
Bakeri completed his diploma in architecture from CEPT University, located in Ahmedabad, and a Master of Business Administration in the United States from the University of Southern California, located in Los Angeles, California.
He returned to India and started working with his father's real estate business in Ahmedabad.
In February 1988, Bakeri started Symphony Limited in Ahmedabad with a seed capital of INR 100,000. The company was about to go bankrupt in 2002, but after purchasing a majority stake in a Mexican company, Bakeri claims it became the world's largest air-cooler manufacturing company. In February 2017, Symphony launched air cooler with multiple features like touch screen, voice assist, mosquito repellent.
Awards and recognitions
Bakeri is the recipient of awards including:
- Rotary International Entrepreneur of the year 1992
- India Young Business Achiever Award 1995
- Finalist World Young Business Achiever in London
- EY Entrepreneur of year Award 2014 Finalist
- Forbes List of Billionaires 2015
Bakeri also serves as a director of Symphony Limited, Sanskrut Tradecom Private Limited, Bakeri Engineering & Infrastructure, Harmony Holdings Private Limited, Oras Investments Private Limited, Paratam Investments Private Limited and Bakeri Urban Development.
- Forbes list of Indian billionaires
- List of people from Ahmedabad
- List of University of Southern California people
- Trivedy, Ketan (undated). "Jewels of India: Anil Bakeri" (PDF). Chitralekha. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Vyas, Jwalit (26 April 2014). "India's Biggest Value Creators: Achal Bakeri's Net Worth Jumps from Rs 2 Cr to Rs 2k Cr in Just a Decade". The Economic Times. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- Bakeri, Achal (as told to Srivastava, Samar) (9 August 2012). "Symphony's Achal Bakeri on How to Make Your Company Great". Forbes India. Retrieved 16 June 2015.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- Shanbaug, Amit (28 May 2012). "Selling Coolers: How Achal Bakeri Made 'Symphony' into a Rs 300 Crore Business". The Economic Times. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Pandit, Virendra (15 February 2017). "Symphony's Touch cooler doubles up as air purifier and mosquito-repellent". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- www.ETRetail.com. "Symphony launches air cooler with multiple features - ET Retail". ETRetail.com. Retrieved 5 October 2017.
- Staff (undated). "Achal Bakeri". Brand Owner's Summit. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Staff (undated). "EOY 2014 Finalists – Innovative Game Changers". EY. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Staff (undated). "Achal Bakeri". Forbes. Retrieved 16 June 2015.
- Database (undated). "Achal Anil Bakeri MBA". BloombergBusiness. Retrieved 16 June 2015.