Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Kannan Thamarakkulam|
|Produced by||C. K. Padma Kumar|
SethuAssistant directors = Sangeeth joy. Akhil.Biju bhaskar
Gopi Sundar (score)
|Edited by||Renjith K. R.|
|Distributed by||Rejaputhra Release|
Achayans is a 2017 Indian Malayalam-language comedy film directed by Kannan Thamarakkulam and written by Sethu . Starring Jayaram, Prakash Raj, Unni Mukundan, Sanju Sivram, Adil Ibrahim, Sshivada, Anu Sithara, and Amala Paul. Principal photography began in November 2016, with shooting locations being Edakochi and Vagamon. The film was released in India on 19 May 2017.
Four brothers Roy, Tony, Rafi and Aby drink on the night before Tony's wedding. Their family members send them to a Christian de-addiction centre,but are kicked out. When they decide and starts a road trip,they are accompanied by 2 women Reetha (Amala Paul) and Prayaga (Anu Sithara),whom are escaped from a critical situation. When they reached a hotel,on the eve of New Year 2017,they sleep late after celebration. On the next day Reetha is found murdered. Who is the culprit and reason behind her death makes the main plot of this movie. It is later revealed that it was Prayaga,who is the culprit as Reetha was against Prayaga's marriage to anyone. Reetha was a tomboy from her childhood,who always wished to companion of Prayaga.
- Jayaram as Roy Thottathil,Eldest among brothers 
- Prakash Raj as Karthikeyan Commissioner of Police
- Unni Mukundan as Tony Vavachan
- Sanju Sivram as Rafi
- Adil Ibrahim as Aby
- Amala Paul as Reetha Fernadaz
- Anu Sithara as Prayaga
- Sshivada as Jessica
- Siddique as Fernandez, Reetha's father
- Dhritiman Chatterjee as Narayana Paul, Reetha's Uncle
- Anju Aravind as Reetha's mother
- Saju Navodaya as S.I Nalinikanth
- Suja Varunee as Panchami
- Krishna (Malayalam actor) as Craig
- Janardhanan as Thottathil Vavachan, Tony's Father
- Ponnamma Babu as Tony's Mother
- Kaviyoor Ponnamma
- Ramesh Pisharody as Father Jose Keerikkadan
- Kalabhavan Navas
- Maniyan Pillai Raju as C.I
- Jaya Krishnan as S.I
- P. C. George as himself (cameo appearance)
- Shanu Suresh (special appearance)
- Sudhi Koppa as Maha
- Siju Wilson as Dishantan
- Soubin Shahir as Qi
- Shritha Sivadas as Ruaa
The Venture began production in November 2016. Achayans marked second collaboration for the duo after Aadupuliyattam.
Indiaglitz rated 2/5 and said that "Achayans needs to have been reworked in a different way. A more sharper script would have made it more entertaining". Deccan Chronicle stated that the movie is a one time watch and rated 2.5/5. The Times of India rated the movie 2.5/5 and said that "Overall, Achayans is a film that requires some patience to watch and doesn't quite qualify as an entertainer". Though the critic reviews were unfavourable, the film managed to be one of the profitable ventures of 2017,due to positive reviews from audience.
- Deepika Jayaram (27 January 2017). "'Achayans' starts rolling". Times of India.
- Amala Paul is a trendy biker in Achayans – Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com (10 December 2016). Retrieved on 2017-07-01.
- Rafi Muhammed. "The Massive trailer ever in 2017 ! Achayans movie trailer Released". Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Anu Sithara and Sshivada in Achayans". Deccan Chronicles. 17 November 2016.
- Jayaram To Go Without a Pair in Achayans. CinemaDaddy. Retrieved on 1 July 2017.