March 9, 1968|
Saugerties, New York
|Died||February 9, 2012
Washington, D.C., U.S.
Adam Adamowicz (March 9, 1968 – February 9, 2012) was an American video game concept artist, best known for his work on The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 , and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at Bethesda Softworks. He grew up on Long Island, New York and was of Polish descent.
Before entering the games industry Adamowicz undertook freelance work for Dark Horse Comics' New Recruits anthology and also worked on Fantagrafics Books' Duplex Planet. He produced cover illustrations for Malibu Graphics. He worked with Jaleco Entertainment, Inc. between 2002-2003. Adam started working at Bethesda Softworks in 2005. Adamowicz was the only concept artist to work on Fallout 3 and one of two, alongside Ray Lederer, for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim at Bethesda Softworks. His concept art and imagery were used in Fallout 4's development. 
- Nightcaster: Defeat the Darkness (2001), Microsoft Corporation
- NightCaster II: Equinox (2002), Jaleco
- Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde (2003), Jaleco
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (2006), Bethesda Softworks
- Fallout 3 (2008), Bethesda Softworks
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011), Bethesda Softworks
- Fallout 4 (2015), Bethesda Softworks
- "Bethesda Tribute to Adam Adamowicz". February 15, 2012. Retrieved June 16, 2016.
- Shawn Sines (May 15, 2008). "Fallout 3 Dev Diary on Conceptual Design". FileFront. Retrieved 2010-10-28.
- Webb, Morgan (2008-12-08). "Will Work For Games: Bethesda Concept Artist". X-Play. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- "Obituary: Fallout 3 concept artist Adam Adamowicz". Gamasutra. February 10, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2016.
- Wawro, Alex. "Remembering the life and work of Fallout concept artist Adam Adamowicz". Gamasutra. UBM. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Slotnik, Daniel E. (February 18, 2012). "Adam Adamowicz, Artist for Lush Video Game Worlds, Dies at 43". The New York Times.
- Bethesda Softworks tribute page
- Adam Adamowicz's Skyrim concept images
- MobyGames entry
- Adam Adamowicz's post-apocalyptic Fallout 3 concept art
|This article about an artist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|