Adam L. Cvijanovic
28 October 1960
|Awards||Art Production Fund|
Adam Cvijanovic (born 28 October 1960) is a painter based in New York City who was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He paints in large-scale format often using Tyvek sheeting as a substrate, which allows his work to be easily installed at multiple locations. His work is concerned with exposing the historical and enduring hubris of American culture, painting forms that depict the search for and physical manifestation of American power and success on a monumental scale. He is represented by Postmasters Gallery in New York.
He had a solo exhibition at UCLA Hammer Museum in 2005 and exhibited with Peter Garfield at MASS MoCA in 2007. His paintings have also been featured in exhibitions at P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center in New York and the "USA Today" exhibition, curated from the collection of Charles Saatchi at the Royal Academy in London. "USA Today" traveled to the State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia. In 2008 he had works exhibited at the New Orleans Biennial, the Walker Arts Center, and the Liverpool Biennial at the Tate Liverpool.
In 2013 he was commissioned to create the painting 10,000 Feet',' a large scale mural of Indiana countryside at the Alexander Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana. Cvijanovic was married to the cabaret singer and psychic Peri Lyons from 1992-2007.
- "Adam Cvijanovic". Bellwether Gallery. Archived from the original on 13 January 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- "Goings on About Town". New Yorker. 15 October 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Cicetti, Robert (5 October 2012). "When Natural History and the Artist's Studio Collide". Hyperallergic. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- UCLA Hammer website Archived August 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- MASS MoCA website Archived May 7, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Adam Cvijanovic - Artist Page - Bellwether Gallery
- Adam Cvijanovic - Saatchi Gallery
- ArtForum review
|This article about a painter from the United States born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|