Adonis Durado is an award-winning Cebuano poet, illustrator, and graphic designer. He was born on August 25, 1975, in Cebu City, Philippines. He is a fine arts graduate from the University of San Carlos, Philippines and was awarded the 2017 VisCom Knight fellowship in Ohio University.
He has published four books of Cebuano poetry, Dili Tanang Matagak Mahagbong, Minugbo Alang sa Mugbo og Kalipay, Lisay sa Bugan, and Pahinungod sa Di Hintungdan. He was the recipient of 2017 NCCA Writers' Prize and the Emmanuel Lacaba Prize (2000) awarded by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts. He also received the "Outstanding Young Cebuano Writer" from the USC-Cebuano Studies Center in 2002 and "Writer of the Year Award" by BATHALAD literary group in 2012.
As designer and art director, Durado's work has won international honors from the Society for News Design, the Society of Publication Designers, the Society of Illustrators, the Type Director's Club, the Malofiej Infographics Awards, Communication Arts Magazine, Creative Quarterly Journal, and HOW Design Magazine.
Durado helped launch and redesign more than a dozen magazine and newspaper titles in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, and had served as speaker to design conferences in the United States, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and the Philippines. His works are featured and cited in the books and periodicals, including The Newspaper Designer's Handbook (7th Edition / McGraw-Hill), All About Mags (Sendpoints Publishing), Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success (How Books).
- Berlin, Claire (October 13, 2017). "VisCom Knight Fellowship awarded to Adonis Durado". www.ohio.edu.
- "Dili Tanang Matagak Mahagbong". Cebuano Studies Center. University of San Carlos.
- "Minugbo Alang sa Mugbo og Kalipay". Cebuano Studies Center. University of San Carlos.
- Park. "NCCA, NCLA award "Writer's Prize" winners". www.bauangtgis.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Speaking in tongues | Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism". pcij.org. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- Nadela Jr., V. E. Carmelo (June 14, 2007). "Speaking in Tongues". Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism.
- Dorsey, Steve. "Third Gold medal: Times of Oman news design page". Society for News Design. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "SPD49 Gold & Silver Medal winners" (PDF).
- "TDC Communication Design Winners 2014".
- "M22 Awards List".
- "CQ34 Winners".
- Kuhn, Jessica. "Graphic Design Inspiration: 46 International Design Projects With Gusto". Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "Social conferences directory". lanyard.com.
- "The Newspaper Designer's Handbook". McGraw-Hill.
- "All About Mags". Sendpoints Publishing.
- "Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success". How Books.