|Born||August 25, 1975|
Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines
|Occupation||Visual journalist, poet|
|Education||Bachelor of Fine Arts |
Masters of Fine Arts
|Alma mater||University of San Carlos |
|Notable works||Not All That Drops, Falls (Poetry) |
To Whom It May Not Concern (Poetry)
|Notable awards||NCCA Writers' Prize 2017|
Adonis Durado is an award-winning Cebuano poet, visual journalist, and graphic designer. He was born on August 25, 1975, in Cebu City, Philippines. He is a fine arts graduate from the University of San Carlos. In 2017, he received the Knight Fellowship from the School of Visual Communication from Ohio University.
He lived and worked in Oman, Thailand, and the UAE.
According to National Artist for Literature Resil Mojares:
"Durado’s poetry glories in the richness of folk and popular speech – earthy and playful, reckless and disciplined, vulgar and sly, comic and (as in all good comics) subversive. But it is also poetry that is vitally current and global. Imagine Yoyoy Villame reborn as a poet and graphic artist who fancies De Chirico and Magritte and reads Derrida and Szymborska. Durado is one of the most exciting poets now writing in the country, in any language."
|Dili Tanang Matagak Mahagbong ||Not All That Drops Falls||2008||Merlie M. Alunan|
|Minugbo Alang sa Mugbo og Kalipay ||Shorts for the Shortjoyed||2009||Anthony L. Kintanar|
|Lisay sa Bugan ||A Swelling in the Loins||2016||Emmie Haidee Palapar and Anthony L. Kintanar|
|Pahinungod sa Di Hintungdan ||To Whom It May Not Concern||2017||Marvi Gil, Gerard Pareja, Noel Villaflor, and Jeremiah Bondoc|
- 2000: Lacaba Prize for Cebuano Poetry 
- 2002: Faigao Prize (University of San Carlos - Cebuano Studies Center)
- 2012: Writer of the Year (Bathalad Inc.) 
- 2017: VisCom Knight Fellowship (Ohio University)
- 2017: NCCA Writers' Prize 
- 2019: Grand Prize, 39th Cebu Popular Music Festival for "Hugot Pas Huot" (Lyricist)
- 2019: International Book Award Finalist for To Whom It May Not Concern
- 2019: Second Prize, 1st Visayan Music Awards for "Balitaw" (Lyricist)
- 2019: Vicente Ranudo Literary Excellence Award 
As designer, illustrator, and art director, Durado's work has won international honors from the Society for News Design, the Society of Publication Designers, the Society of Illustrators, the Type Director's Club, the Malofiej Infographics Awards, Communication Arts Magazine, Creative Quarterly Journal, and HOW Design Magazine.
Durado helped launch and redesign more than a dozen magazine and newspaper titles in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, and had served as a speaker to design conferences in the United States, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE, India, Indonesia, Bangladesh, and the Philippines.
His works are featured and cited in the books and periodicals, including The Newspaper Designer's Handbook (7th Edition / McGraw-Hill) , All About Mags (Sendpoints Publishing) , Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success (How Books). 
- "Dili Tanang Matagak Mahagbong". Cebuano Studies Center. University of San Carlos.
- "Minugbo Alang sa Mugbo og Kalipay". Cebuano Studies Center. University of San Carlos.
- "Speaking in tongues | Philippine Center for Investigative Journalism". pcij.org. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- Park. "NCCA, NCLA award "Writer's Prize" winners". www.bauangtgis.gov.ph. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- Dorsey, Steve. "Third Gold medal: Times of Oman news design page". Society for News Design. Retrieved February 5, 2012.
- "SPD49 Gold & Silver Medal winners" (PDF).
- "TDC Communication Design Winners 2014".
- "M22 Awards List".
- "CQ34 Winners". Archived from the original on 2014-11-02. Retrieved 2014-11-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Kuhn, Jessica. "Graphic Design Inspiration: 46 International Design Projects With Gusto". Retrieved September 11, 2014.
- "The Newspaper Designer's Handbook". McGraw-Hill.
- "All About Mags". Sendpoints Publishing.
- "Creative Anarchy: How to Break the Rules of Graphic Design for Creative Success". How Books.