Location in Basilan
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|District||Lone district of Basilan|
|Founded||December 20, 2005|
|• Mayor||Alih A. Sali|
|• Total||38.76 km2 (14.97 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||450/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Dialing code||+63 (0)62|
Akbar Municipality created through Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 193 dated December 20, 2005.
The place is named after Imam Akbar Marani, a known Islamic preacher/propagator and descendant of Kuddarat, who landed in Taguime (now part of the municipality of Moh’d Ajul) in 17th century and later migrated to central Mindanao. In his older age, Imam Akbar transferred from Sinangkapan, Akbar, to Lantawan based in Kanibungan and he was buried there.
Akbar is politically subdivided into 9 barangays.
- Lower Bato-bato
- Upper Bato-bato
- Upper Sinangkapan
|Population census of
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
The population of Akbar, Basilan, in the 2015 census was 17,531 people, with a density of 450 inhabitants per square kilometre or 1,200 inhabitants per square mile.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "The Comprehensive Development Plan - Municipality of Akbar". basilan.net. Provincial Government of Basilan. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 193; An Act Creating the Municipality of Akbar in the Province of Basilan and for Other Purposes" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- MMA Act No. 193 : An Act Creating the Municipality of Akbar in the Province of Basilan
- Akbar Municipal Map
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
|Lamitan||Hadji Mohammad Ajul|
|This article about a location in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|