Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alma mater||St Mary's Hospital, National Institute for Medical Research|
|Awards||Canada Gairdner International Award, William B. Coley Award, Louis-Jeantet Prize for Medicine|
|Thesis||Recognition by influenza virus specific cytotoxic T cell clones|
|Doctoral advisor||Brigitte Askonas|
Alain Townsend FRS FRCP is a Professor of Medicine in the Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine at Oxford University. His laboratory studies virology, mainly influenza, but more recently ebola.
- 1989 William B. Coley Award
- 1992 Fellow of the Royal Society 
- 1992 Louis-Jeantet Prize for Medicine (1992)
- 2000 Gairdner Foundation International Award
- "Prof Alain R Townsend FRS FRCP - Radcliffe Department of Medicine, University of Oxford".
- "Gairdner Foundation - Alain R.M. Townsend".
- Unanue, Emil R (15 February 2013). "Brigitte Askonas 1923–2013". Nature Immunology. 14 (3): 191–191. doi:10.1038/ni.2553.
- "William B. Coley Award". Cancer Research Institute. Retrieved 12 February 2018.
- "Alain Townsend - Biography". royal Society. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Louis-Jeantet Prize
|This United Kingdom biographical article related to medicine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|