Blue with the Houston Texans in 2016
|No. 28 – Houston Texans|
April 27, 1991 |
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||225 lb (102 kg)|
|High school:||Boutte (LA) Hahnville|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 6 / Pick: 181|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Alfred Calvin Blue III (born April 27, 1991) is an American football running back for the Houston Texans of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Texans in the sixth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. Blue is from Boutte, Louisiana and attended Hahnville High School. He played college football at LSU.
Blue rushed for 1,695 yards and 25 touchdowns along with 13 receptions for nearly 200 yards and three touchdowns in his senior season in high school in 2009. Blue was a member of the SuperPrep Southwest Team and was named to the Baton Rouge Advocate Super Dozen. Blue earned the honors of the Class 5A all-state first-team in 2009 and was selected as the District 6-5A 2009 Offensive MVP. Blue was also on the school's track team, where he ran the 200-meter dash in 23.5 and the 4 × 200 m relay in 1:28.70. Blue was ranked as a three-star prospect by Rivals and Scout.com. Blue committed to LSU to play college football under Les Miles.
Blue was drafted by the Houston Texans in the sixth round with the 181st overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft. In his first regular season game as a rookie with the Texans, Blue blocked a punt against Washington Redskins punter Tress Way and returned it for a touchdown. On September 21, 2014, Blue had his first career start against the New York Giants. On October 5, 2014, Blue had his first career fumble recovery against the Dallas Cowboys. On October 20, 2014, Blue caught his first career touchdown reception against the Pittsburgh Steelers. On October 26, 2014, Blue caught a season-high 22-yard pass against the Tennessee Titans. On November 16, 2014, Blue ran for 156 yards on a franchise-record 36 attempts against the Cleveland Browns. On December 7, 2014, Blue scored his first career rushing touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars. At that moment, Blue became the first player in franchise history with a rushing, receiving, and return touchdown in the same season. On December 28, 2014, Blue set career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (37) against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Blue finished the 2014 season with 528 yards, which was the fourth-highest total for a rookie rusher in franchise history.
NFL career statistics
- "Texans draft RB Alfred Blue". houstontexans.com. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "Redskins vs. Texans - Game Recap - September 7, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Houston Texans: Alfred Blue". www.houstontexans.com. Archived from the original on January 25, 2016. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Texans vs. Cowboys - Box Score - October 5, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Texans vs. Steelers - Box Score - October 20, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Texans vs. Titans - Box Score - October 26, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Texans vs. Browns - Box Score - November 16, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Texans vs. Jaguars - Box Score - December 7, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.
- "Jaguars vs. Texans - Box Score - December 28, 2014 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-01-03.