Alleman High School (Rock Island, Illinois)
|Alleman High School|
1103 40th Street
|Chaplain||Father Matthew Hoelscher|
|Student to teacher ratio||17:1|
|Color(s)||Kelly Green and White|
|Song||"Hail to the Pioneers"|
|Athletics conference||Western Big 6|
|Rival||Moline High School United Township High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Reflections (Literary Publication)|
|Feeder schools||Seton Catholic, Jordan Catholic, Our Lady of Grace Academy|
Alleman Catholic High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Rock Island, Illinois. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Peoria. It is the largest Catholic high school in the Quad Cities.
Alleman High School was established in 1949 and named for Rev John George Alleman. Its first principal was Father John F. O'Connor.
- Student Council
- Key Club
- National Honor Society
- Sigma Alpha Delta
- Dance Marathon
- Pioneer Press Newspaper
- Reflections Literary Magazine
- Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE) Academic Competition
- ICTM Math Competition
- Game Club
- Student Hunger Drive
- Band (Concert/Pep)
- Choir (Auditioned)
- Student Ambassadors
- Engineering Club
- Drama Club (featuring a fall musical, as well as plays in winter and spring)
- Engineering Club
Alleman High School competes in the Illinois High School Association and is a member school of the Western Big 6 Conference. Available for the male students are baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, tennis, track & field, and wrestling. Female students have cheerleading, basketball, cross country, the Emeralds dance team, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, golf, and volleyball available. The school's mascot is the Pioneer.
- Lane Evans, Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives from 1983 until 2007.
- Christopher Glancy, Catholic bishop in Belize
- Mark Johnson, Olympian and winningest Wrestling Coach at the University of Illinois.
- Adam Lingner, NFL Long Snapper (1983–95); played in four Super Bowls.
- Gene Oliver, professional Baseball Player
- Bobby Schilling, former U.S. Congressman from Illinois's 17th congressional district
- Cody Sedlock, pitcher for the Baltimore Orioles
- Institution Summary, AdvancED, Retrieved 2012-07-08
- "Auxiliary Bishop – Belize". Antilles Episcopal Conference. Retrieved 2014-07-11.
- Adam Lingner profile Archived 2014-07-14 at the Wayback Machine, allemanhighschool.org; accessed December 16, 2014.
- Adam Lingner profile Archived 2013-12-05 at the Wayback Machine, profootballarchives.com; accessed December 16, 2014.
- "Gene Oliver Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- "SCHILLING, Bobby". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved October 19, 2012.