This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
An alpine slide (sometimes denoted with its German name Sommerrodelbahn) is a long chute on the side of a hill, usually built by ski resorts to supplement summer income. A wheeled cart is used to navigate the slide. The ride is similar to a bobsled ride, except that it rolls over a smooth track—generally concrete, stainless steel, or fiberglass—rather than sliding on ice. The cart accommodates one or two passengers and is controlled by a hand brake located between the rider's legs. Pulling the hand brake handle causes the cart to stop; pushing or letting go of the handle causes the brakes to release, allowing the cart to accelerate. The ride is unique among amusement park rides in that the rider has complete control over his or her speed and ride experience. With this control comes responsibility: the rider must ensure the cart is not going too fast; otherwise the cart may overturn around curves, leading to possible injury or death.
- Thredbo, NSW
- Jamberoo Action Park, Jamberoo, NSW
- Corin Forest Recreational Playground, ACT
- Funfields, Whittlesea, VIC
- Sommerrodelbahn Ossiacher See, Ossiach, Carinthia (two parallel steel slides )
- Spielpark Leutasch, Leutasch, Tyrole (one concrete slide)
- Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu, PRC (one steel slide)
- Sankt Andreasberg (one concrete slide)
- Sommerrodelbahn Burg Stargard (one steel slide)
- Alpine slide at Magic Mountain Big Bear Lake CA (two concrete slides)
- Attitash Mountain Resort, Bartlett NH (two concrete/fiberglass slides )
- Breckenridge Ski Resort, Breckenridge CO (three fiberglass slides)
- Bromley Mountain, Manchester VT (three fiberglass slides)
- Chestnut Mountain, Galena IL (two slides)
- Crystal Mountain, Thompsonville MI
- Durango Mountain Resort, Durango CO (two concrete slides)
- Heritage Square, Golden CO (two slides) - CLOSED
- Jiminy Peak, Hancock MA
- Kentucky Action Park, Cave City KY
- Lutsen Mountains, Lutsen MN
- Mount Hood Skibowl, Mount Hood OR
- Ober Gatlinburg, Gatlinburg TN (two fiberglass slides)
- Park City Mountain Resort, Park City UT (four fiberglass slides)
- Pico Mountain Ski Area, Killington, VT (two fiberglass slides) - CLOSED
- Rushmore Tramway Adventures, Keystone SD
- Seven Springs Mountain Resort, Somerset PA (two concrete slides)
- Snow King Mountain, Jackson WY
- Snowbird Ski Resort, Snowbird UT
- Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat Springs CO
- Stowe Mountain Resort, Stowe, VT (two fiberglass slides) - CLOSED
- Utah Olympic Park, Park City UT (one steel slide)
- Wild Mountain, Taylors Falls MN
- Whitefish Mountain Resort, Whitefish MT
- Winter Park Resort, Winter Park CO
- "Sommerrodelbahn Ossiacher See". sommerrodelbahn-ossiach.at (in German). Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Jiminy Peak Mountain Adventure Park - Rides and Activities in the Berkshires - Family activities in New England | Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort - Hancock, Massachusetts, MA". Jiminypeak.com. Archived from the original on 2013-04-23. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "wildmountain.com". WildMountain.com. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "Whitefish Mountain Resort at Big Mountain in Whitefish, Montana". SkiWhiteFish.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alpine slides.|