|Alyse Eady Lemmond|
|Born||Alyse Cynthia Eady
March 15, 1988
Fort Smith, Arkansas, U.S.
|Education||Ouachita Baptist University Universidad de Alicante|
|Title||Miss Teen Arkansas-America 2004
Miss Arkansas 2010
|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Miss America 2011 (1st runner-up)|
Alyse Cynthia Eady (born March 15, 1988) is an American news anchor and beauty pageant titleholder who was Miss Arkansas 2010. Eady was named first runner-up at the 2011 Miss America pageant, which was won by Miss Nebraska 2010 Teresa Scanlan.
Eady is from Fort Smith, Arkansas, and was a caretaker for both of her parents, who were ill when she was growing up. Eady's father became blind and her mother had lupus and had multiple surgeries when Eady was younger. Eady helped out by learning to cook, and assisting her mother to bathe and dress. During high school, she worked as a tutor for the local Boys and Girls Club.
In 2004, she won the title of Miss Teen Arkansas-America 2004, which is now known as Miss Arkansas' Outstanding Teen. She performed in the Variety Act as a special guest during one of the Preliminary Competitions at Miss America 2007 including her yodeling abilities. In 2010, she competed at Miss Arkansas as Miss South Central Arkansas and also won a Preliminary Talent Award and the Coleman Overall Talent Award at the pageant. Her platform was the Boys and Girls Club of America and her talent is a Variety Act, in which she both sings and does ventriloquism to the song "I Want to Be a Cowboy's Sweetheart." Her act, which also included yodeling, was called "daring and skillful" by The Washington Post.
In 2013, Eady married her college sweetheart, Patrick Lemmond, on December 7, 2013.
Eady previously worked as a news anchor for TEGNA-owned KTHV-TV, the local CBS-affiliated television station in Little Rock, Arkansas. In August 2016, Eady joined WAGA-TV in Atlanta, GA as a morning news anchor.
- "2011 Miss America Pageant Returns to Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas!". Miss America Organization. July 22, 2010. Archived from the original on 3 May 2012. Retrieved July 25, 2010.
- "Miss Arkansas 'Stuck in Dallas' By Winter Storm". Paris News. 3 February 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Alyse Eady, Who Grew Up in Fo.." The Washington Post. 26 September 2006. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Strauss, Valerie (8 October 2006). "Five Teens Gain Recognition, Reward". Post-Tribune. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Bush, George W. (17 May 2004). "Remarks at Butterfield Junior High School in Van Buren, Arkanasas". Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "MAOT History". Miss Arkansas Organization. Archived from the original on 7 July 2010. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Chiberoshka. "The Clog Dancing Ventriloquist Beauty Queen". YouTube. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- "About Alyse". Miss Arkansas Organization. Archived from the original on 20 February 2011. Retrieved July 26, 2010.
- Melendez Olivera, Gabriela (17 January 2011). "Dole Out of Hospital Lennon Collector Sued Young Miss America". The Washington Post. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- Bowder, Mark (16 January 2011). "Brown Makes Top Five at Miss America". The Columbian. Retrieved 14 November 2016 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (. ))
- "The Oprah Winfrey Show (9a.m., Channel 7): Actor Russell". Chicago Sun-Times. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Real Little Rock Wedding: Alyse and Patrick Lemmond". Arkansas Bride. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "Alyse Eady". THV 11. 9 October 2013. Archived from the original on 28 February 2014. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "FOX 5 welcomes Alyse Eady to Good Day Atlanta". Fox5Atlanta.com. WAGA-TV. Retrieved 2016-07-28.
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Teen Arkansas-America
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|