American Institute of Bisexuality
The American Institute of Bisexuality (AIB) is a charity founded on July 23, 1998, by sex researcher, psychiatrist and bisexual rights activist Fritz Klein to promote research and education about bisexuality.
AIB produces the Journal of Bisexuality, a quarterly academic journal focusing on issues relating to bisexuality. In addition, it runs bi.org, an education and outreach site for the general public, which provides accessible, science-based information on (bi)sexuality and helps create bi visibility by highlighting the lives of both famous and everyday bi people.
AIB maintains a division known as the Bi Foundation that conducts outreach, community building, and education across the globe. The Institute is a Delaware non-profit corporation qualified for tax purposes as a private foundation under Section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code.
In June 2013, the American Institute of Bisexuality and the Bisexual Organizing Project funded the first BiReConUSA, modeled on BiReCon (UK). It was co-chaired by Dr. Lauren Beach and Alex Iantaffi.
- Buchanan, Wyatt (1 June 2006). "Dr. Fritz Klein -- bisexual pioneer who created Klein Grid sex scale". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Joan C. Chrisler; Donald R. McCreary (2010). Handbook of Gender Research in Psychology. Springer. p. 66. ISBN 978-1-4419-1464-4. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Deborah T. Meem; Michelle Gibson; Jonathan F. Alexander; Michelle A. Gibson (2010). Finding out: an introduction to LGBT studies. SAGE. p. 183. ISBN 978-1-4129-3864-8. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- "Grants and Fellowships". Kinsey Institute. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Jane Fae (2 July 2010). "Large-scale survey to explore bisexuality in the workplace". Pink News. Retrieved 12 December 2010.
- Denizet-Lewis, Benoit (20 March 2014). "The Scientific Quest to Prove Bisexuality Exists". The New York Times Magazine. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- Beach, Lauren B. (2013). "Bisexual Organizing Project's BECAUSE Conference Builds Community, Inspires Activism, Changes Lives". National LGBTQ Taskforce. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- Iantaffi, Alex (10 September 2015). "Introduction to Special Section on BiReConUSA 2013: BECAUSE Research Matters". Journal of Bisexuality. 15 (3): 367–368. doi:10.1080/15299716.2015.1069648. S2CID 147281204.