Amma (1968 film)
|Directed by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Produced by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Written by||G. V. Iyer (dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Padmini Pictures|
|Story by||G. Balasubramanyam|
B. R. Panthulu
M. V. Rajamma
|Music by||T. G. Lingappa|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
|Distributed by||Padmini Pictures|
Amma is a 1968 Indian Kannada film, directed and produced by B. R. Panthulu. The film stars Rajkumar, Bharathi, B. R. Panthulu and M. V. Rajamma in the lead roles. The film has musical score by T. G. Lingappa. In a small drama sequence, the tragic climax of William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is adapted on - screen in English with Rajkumar playing the role of Romeo and Bharathi as Juliet.
- Rajkumar as Sridhar
- Bharathi Vishnuvardhan as Mala
- B. R. Panthulu Sridhar's father
- M. V. Rajamma as Seetha, Sridhar's mother
- K. S. Ashwath as Vasu
- Pandari Bai in a cameo
- Narasimharaju as Kitti
- Dinesh as Lingaraju
- H. R. Shastry
- Comedian Guggu
- L. N. Swamy
- Jr. Dinesh
- Master Krishnakumar as young Sridhar
The music was composed by T. G. Lingappa.
|1||"Raathriyali Malebandu"||P. Nageswara Rao, L. R. Eswari||Vijaya Narasimha||03:22|
|2||"Bangaara Vaagali"||P. B. Sreenivas, S. Janaki||G. V. Iyer||03:00|
|3||"Dharmave Jayavemba"||M. Balamurali Krishna||Purandaradasa||02:35|
|4||"Entha Cheluva Naguvo"||Bangalore Latha, P. B. Srinivas||3:00|
- "Amma". chiloka.com. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Amma". nthwall.com. Archived from the original on 26 January 2015. Retrieved 26 January 2015.
- "Amma Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 26 January 2015.