|Directed by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Produced by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Written by||A. S. Nagaraj|
|Screenplay by||Padmini Pictures|
K. S. Ashwath
|Music by||T. G. Lingappa|
|Cinematography||P. L. Nagappa|
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
Gange Gowri (Kannada: ಗಂಗೆ ಗೌರಿ) is a 1967 Indian Kannada film, directed and produced by B. R. Panthulu. The film stars Rajkumar, Bharathi, Leelavathi and K. S. Ashwath in the lead roles. The film has musical score by T. G. Lingappa. The movie was remade in Tamil by B. R. Panthulu himself in 1973 as Ganga Gowri.
- Rajkumar as Lord Shiva (Shivappa"Margabantu"/Astrologer Samayabantu)
- Bharathi as Gange
- Leelavathi as Dakshayani, Parvathi(Gowri)
- K. S. Ashwath as Narada
- Narasimharaju as Subrahmanya(Subbanna)
- M. P. Shankar as Shanishvara
- Krishna Shastry
- Hanumantha Rao
- Anantharam Maccheri
- D. S. Thanthri
- B. Jaya
The film encompasses the story of Daksha yajna. It depicts how the daksha yajna was desecrated following the jumping into the fire by Lord Shiva's wife Dakshayani. Following this, Lord Shiva marries Goddess Parvati. Later, the Devatas Shiva, Ganga, Gowri all take birth as avatars on earth in the city of Kashi. Eventually, Shiva, Gowri and Ganga all get married in their earthly avatars.
The music was composed by T. G. Lingappa.
|1||"Jaya Jaya Jagadeesha"||M. Balamuralikrishna||G. V. Iyer||03:49|
|2||"Bhavathi Bhikshandehi"||P. B. Sreenivas||03:09|
|3||"Cheluvaralli Cheluva"||S. Janaki, Bangalore Latha||02:58|
|4||"Thunga Badra Kaveri Ganga"||Bangalore Latha||02:58|
|5||"Neerahotha Neere Jaane"||P. B. Sreenivas, P.leela||03:46|
|6||"Minchina Holeyalli Mindave"||Bangalore Latha, S. Janaki|
- "Gange Gowri". chiloka.com. Retrieved 22 December 2014.
- "Gange Gowri". nthwall.com. Archived from the original on 22 December 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-22.
- The Marriage Procession of Lord Shiva - A Parade Unlike Any Other
- "Gange Gowri Songs". raaga.com. Retrieved 22 December 2014.