|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2011)|
Geography and History
Amorka is the a town in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra state of Nigeria. It is located along the Onitsha-Owerri expressway, on the border of Anambara. The town consists of eight villages: Ikenga, Umuanum, Umuejim, Umueze, Umuezeala, Umuezike, Umunakwa, and Umuokpara. Biafra Airport is located in Amorka; it is currently owned by the Abalobi family. The town also has bunkers built by then-leader of the Biafrans Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu.
The town has a river, the Mmiri Amorka. It also has several churches: St. Peter's Catholic Church Amorka, St. Augustine Anglican Church, Winner's Chapel, a Kingdom Hall for Jehovah's Witnesses, Assemblies of God church, and a famous Sabbath synagogue. Amorka can trace its history to Okija, which is another town in Ihiala area. Other neighboring towns include Uli, Ibiasoegbe, Mgbedi, Ozara, Ohakpu, Egbu, and Olu.
- Rt Rev Dr. Peter Benson Odimegwu (late)
- Reverend|Rev.]] Fr. Vanatius Emeka Ndukaihe
- Rev. Fr. Christian Ohaemesi
- Rev. Fr. Cornelius Akabuogu
- Rev. Sr. Jacqueline Anujuru
- Rev. Sr. Agnes Asikaogu
Other notables include:
- Eng.Mike Ezember
- J.C. Udeozor, CEO of Aboniki Balm
- Hyginus Okoli, architect
- Anselm Nnamdi Anujulu, pharmacist
- Chief Prince Emeka Anujulu
- Chief JoeLord Onuchukwu, business magnate
- Mr Damian O. Anujulu, CEO, Nelsons Multimedia Studio, Bremen, Germany
- Mr Nnoyibam miracle, the ticketing officer working in Malaysia.
- Mr Ibeabuchi Kingsley Chibueze, Businessman in Malaysia
- Mr Chukwuka Udenzeka Business man in Malaysia , AKA FREEMAN
- Mr Simon Onyinye Odimegwu (FAVOREX (PTY) LTD S/A)
- Mr Daniel Emeka Unadike (a.k.a Sympathy) Nollywood star