15 March 1950 |
Baley, Soviet Union
Anatoliy Vladimirovich Kaminski (Russian: Анатолий Владимирович Каминский) (born 15 March 1950 in Baley, Russian SFSR) is an ethnic Ukrainian and a politician from Transnistria, former speaker of Pridnestrovian Supreme Soviet and former chairman of the opposition party Renewal.
Kaminski was born in 1950 in eastern Russia, but his family was of Ukrainian descent. His family moved to the Moldavian SSR in 1957. Kaminski studied in Odesa, Ukraine, at the M.V. Lomonosov Odessa Institute of Technology. He subsequently worked as a manager at several dairy plants in the MSSR. Entering local politics in 1990, Kaminski became a full-time politician only upon his election to the national parliament in 2000.
Kaminski is married and has two children.
Kaminski's first political office was as a member of the council of the city of Rybnitsa from 1990 until 2000, when he was elected to parliament. In 2005, he was re-elected in an election that proved to be a victory for his party. Kaminski was subsequently elected as vice-speaker, with Yevgeny Shevchuk, also of the Renewal party, becoming speaker.
President of South Ossetia Eduard Kokoity awarded Kaminski the "Order of Friendship" on 12 March 2010, "for a great personal contribution to the development of friendship between the peoples of South Ossetia and Transnistria, merits in strengthening inter-parliamentary cooperation and for his 60-year birthday".
In the first round of elections for president of the PMR held in December 2011, Kaminskii received 26.48% of the vote, narrowly making it into the second round of voting. Yevgeny Shevchuk, the former chairman of the Supreme Soviet, received the most support with 38.53%, while sitting president, Igor Smirnov, came in third with 24.82%. In the election, United Russia, the ruling political party of Russia, supported Kaminskii's campaign.
- Supreme Council - parliamentary news MPs vote on a resolution accepting the resignation of Parliamentary Speaker Yevgeny Shevchuk. (22 July 2009)
- "Decree on awarding the Order of Friendship to AV Kaminsky" (in Russian). Official site of the President of South Ossetia. 12 March 2010. Retrieved 30 March 2010.
- Центризбирком Приднестровья огласил предварительные результаты голосования на выборах Президента ПМР, Новый Регион, 15 December 2011. http://www.nr2.ru/pmr/363430.html
- Запасной аэродром Игоря Смирнова: Предварительные результаты выборов президента могут признать недействительными, Независимая газета, 15 December 2011. http://www.ng.ru/cis/2011-12-15/1_smirnov.html
- Некремлевский претендент: Приднестровье не поддержало предложенную Москвой кандидатуру, Независимая газета, 13 December 2011. http://www.ng.ru/cis/2011-12-13/1_pridnestrovie.html
|Speaker of Parliament