Andrew Rankin Cowie McLellan CBE is a minister in the Church of Scotland. He was Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Prisons for Scotland from 2002 to 2009.
He was Assistant Minister at St George's West Church, Edinburgh, 1969-1971. Thereafter, he was Minister at Cartsburn Augustine Church, Greenock (1971–1980) (and was also an elected member of Inverclyde District Council 1977-1980), Viewfield Parish Church, Stirling (1980–1986) and St Andrew's and St George's Church, Edinburgh (1986–2002). He was Convener of the Church of Scotland's Church and Nation Committee 1992-1996 its Parish Development Fund 2002 - 2006, and its World Mission Council 2011-2014; and Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland in 2000. He was Chaplain of the Boys' Brigade (UK and ROI) 2013- 2016. He is also author of two books.
He was the chairman of what became known as the McLellan Commission into a range of safeguarding initiatives for the Scottish Catholic Church.
- The London Gazette: . 13 June 2009.
- Church of Scotland
- List of Moderators of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
- Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of Prisons (England and Wales)
- Website of HM Inspectorate of Prisons for Scotland
- Article in The Herald newspaper (Glasgow), 15 April 2008[permanent dead link]
John B. Cairns
|Moderator of the General Assembly of the Church of Scotland
John D. Miller