Andy Capp's is an American brand of flavored corn and potato snack made to look like French fries. The product was created in 1971 by Goodmark Foods, Inc., which licensed the name and likeness of the comic strip character Andy Capp from Publishers-Hall Syndicate. Until recent years the strip was featured on the back of packages. In 1998 Goodmark Foods was acquired by ConAgra Foods, which manufactures and distributes the product to this day.
Andy Capp's fries come in .85 ounce (24 grams) 1 ounce (28 grams), 1.75 ounce (50 grams), 3.0 ounce (85 grams), 3.5 ounce (100 grams), 6 ounce (170 grams), and more recently, 8 ounce (227 grams) packages in three flavors: Hot Fries, Cheddar Fries, and BBQ Fries. Hot Fries were the first popular flavor in this line of snack foods. On the back of some packages, Zesty Ranch was listed as one of the flavors, and was distributed to schools for snack purchases. The Pub Fries, Salsa, Hot Chili Cheese Steak, and White Cheddar Steak Fries flavors have all been discontinued.
List of flavors
- Original Plain (discontinued)
- Hot Fries
- Hot Chili Cheese Steak Fries (discontinued)
- Salsa Fries (discontinued)
- Cheddar Fries
- Cheddar and Bacon Fries (Mid-west & Southeastern U.S. only)
- White Cheddar Steak Fries (discontinued)
- Ranch Fries (discontinued)
- BBQ Fries
- Maley, Don. "Super Roads to Riches are Paved with Comics," Editor & Publisher (Nov. 30, 1968). Archived at Stripper's Guide. Accessed Nov. 12, 2018.
- GoodMark Foods Company History
- http://www.andycapps.com - Andy Capp's Official Product Page
- "Andy Capp's Cheddar Fries". CandyFavorites.com. Selavy, Ltd. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Discontinued Products - Clean out your coupon file". RefundCents. Archived from the original on 17 August 2012. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "Hometown Favorites: Discontinued Foods". Hometown Favorites, LLC. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2012.
- "ConAgra Foods Brings Bold New Flavors To America's Favorite Snacks With New Items From Slim Jim®, DAVID® Seeds and Andy Capp's®". ConAgra Foods. ConAgra Foods Inc. Retrieved 1 September 2012.