David Sunflower Seeds
The company was founded in 1926 by Armenian-American David Der Hairabedian of Fresno, California. Der Hairabedian first roasted sunflower seeds in his grocery store and packaged them in individual servings for a nickel. Eventually, his two sons, Ara and Aram, joined him in marketing the seeds to other retailers.
ConAgra acquired David & Sons from Nestle USA in December 2001.
- Sunflower Seeds with Shells
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Sunflower Seeds without Shells
- Trail Mix
- Nacho Cheese
- Jalepeño Hot Salsa - JUMBO seeds
- Original with Reduced Sodium -JUMBO seeds
- Dill Pickle - JUMBO seeds
- Hot and Spicy - JUMBO seeds
- Buffalo Style Ranch - JUMBO seeds
- Cracked Pepper - JUMBO seeds
- Sweet & Salty - JUMBO seeds
- Sweet & Spicy- JUMBO seeds
- Lightly Salted - Simply Seeds
- Black Pepper - Simply Seeds
- Sour Cream & Onion - Simply Seeds
- Sizzling Bacon
- Honey Roasted
- Sizzlin' BBQ (shelled)
- Chili Lime - JUMBO seeds
Babe Ruth League and DAVID Seeds
Since 1991, DAVID Seeds has sponsored the Babe Ruth League, pitching the “Eat. Spit. Be Happy!”(slogan) message to youth baseball and softball players ages 5 to 18 nationwide. The Babe Ruth League has over 900,000 players in 45,000+ teams across the U.S..
As the “Official Sunflower Seed of the Babe Ruth League,” DAVID provides free scorebooks and safety tips to each team in the league, awards to All-Star players, and DAVID Sunflower Seeds to be sold at concession stands.
- Eat.Spit.Be Happy!
- Bulbulian, Berge (2000). The Fresno Armenians: history of a diaspora community. Fresno, CA: Press at California State University, Fresno. ISBN 9780912201351.