Aneta Bogdan is a Romanian branding, corporate identity and marketing consultant. She is co-founder and managing partner of brand and design company Brandient, which operates from Bucharest and Singapore. She is considered a pioneer in the branding discipline in Romania and was included in the top 100 "Most Powerful Business Women in Romania" in 2012, as well as in other relevant business publications, such as "Who’s Who in Business Romania 2018", made by Ziarul Financiar.
Bogdan consults leading entrepreneurs and businesses in Eastern Europe and Southeast Asia, including Bitdefender, eMAG, Dedeman, Transavia, Banca Transilvania as well as multinational businesses such as YTL Corporation, Vodafone, ING Bank, Heineken and Renault. She was the advisor for the rebranding of several nation brands, such as sports organisations Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee, Romanian Rugby Federation, media organisations National Romanian Television and Radiocom, and the Romanian national bank CEC Bank, as well as for the creation of the Team Romania brand and the first visual identity for the Romania National Football Team.
Bogdan is a Chartered Marketer, a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM) and holds an MBA from the Open University Business School (UK). She is also a trainer and brand speaker, and the author of Branding on the Eastern Front.
Bogdan graduated from the Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies (ASE) in 1984, during the last decade of communism. Her first job was in a company producing and exporting industrial goods. Her career unfolded exclusively in marketing and branding. After a few jobs in the marketing management of local firms, she was hired in 1997 by the new telecom player Mobifon, operating the Connex brand (owned at the time by Telesystems International Wireless and AirTouch Canada). She was promoted as Marketing Communications Director, contributing to building the most valuable Romanian brand at the time – Connex was subsequently acquired by Vodafone in 2005 for EUR 2.6 billion.
Since 1998, Bogdan has been a member of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), where she received in 2001 the Chartered Marketer qualification. Since 2011, she is a Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (FCIM). In 2002 she received her post-graduate degree MBA (Master of Business Administration) from Open University Business School (UK). In the same year, she left Connex to co-found the brand strategy and design company Brandient, together with designer Cristian Kit Paul and finance professional Mihai Bogdan.
Bogdan is author of the book Branding on the Eastern Front (Romanian edition published in 2010, international edition published in 2018).
She has talked about improving the Romanian "brand" in the world and is active in several Romanian social causes.
Founded in 2002 in Bucharest, Romania, Brandient is an award-winning consultancy in branding and design. In 2012, Brandient extended its activity in Southeast Asia, and opened an office in Singapore. Bogdan is Managing Partner of Brandient worldwide. Brandient has received many industry awards including Red Dot, Graphis, Rebrand 100, Pentawards, Transform etc., and was included in the Rebrand Hall of Fame in 2015. Through Brandient, Bogdan was responsible for the creation of over 100 new brands (a selection of which was published in the book Brandient 101 in 2010) and was the advisor for a quarter of the most valuable 50 Romanian brands (as per the report released by the global consulting firm Brand Finance).
In 2003, Bogdan invited Wally Olins for the first time in Romania, launching the debate on the nation’s branding at the conference BrandRo in Bucharest. Later in 2010, Olins wrote the foreword for her book Branding on the Eastern Front. In 2009, Bogdan and Olins led the consortium Brandient-Saffron at the tender for pitching for the tourism brand of Romania, organised by the Ministry of Development and Tourism.
In 2011, Bogdan was selected as a frontrunner at the tender for create the “Made in Bhutan” brand, organised by the Ministry of Economy from Bhutan, under the aegis of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
Bogdan wrote the best-seller book Branding on the Eastern Front, with the first Romanian edition published in 2010 and sold out in 3 months, followed by the 2nd edition in 2011. The book is written after 20 years of practice in marketing, communication and branding, and its topic is “about reputation, against the tide” — as its subtitle reads — with focus on the pioneering of the branding approach on emergent markets in Eastern Europe. The book is referenced in academic research and serves as bibliography for the branding discipline at national universities. The international edition in English was published in 2018.
- "Cea mai mare companie de branding din Romania a avut afaceri de 0,6 mil. euro anul trecut". Wall-Street (in Romanian). 2013-08-13. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "15 ani de Brandient, compania care s-a ocupat de branduri ca Dedeman, CEC, emag, Banca Transilvania sau Depanero". Paginademedia.ro (in Romanian). Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- Barbu, Petre (2010-11-29). "Pledoarie pentru branding". Adevarul. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Raduta, Ana (2012-05-04). "100 cele mai puternice femei din business - Astăzi: Aneta Bogdan, Brandient". BusinessMagazin. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- ""Stejarii" s-au înnoit! Vezi cum arată noul echipament al naţionalei de rugby". ProSport. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Vit, Armin (2015-06-29). "New Logo and Identity for Romanian Olympic and Sports Committee by Brandient". Under Consideration. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "FOTO. Echipa națională de fotbal are o nouă identitate vizuală". www.digi24.ro (in Romanian). 2017-11-03. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Anghel, Iulian (2017-11-03). "FRF a lansat prima identitate de brand din istoria Echipei Naţionale de fotbal. Cum arată noul echipament de joc". Adevarul. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "TVR | Garantat 100% | Aneta Bogdan | despre "branding pe frontul de est" - Video Dailymotion". Dailymotion. Romanian National Television. 2011-08-10. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- Bogdan, Aneta (2010). Branding pe frontul de Est : despre reputaţie, împotriva curentului. Foreword by Wally Olins. Bucharest: Brandient. ISBN 9789730092806. OCLC 895494751.
- "Connex sau Vodafone?". Wall Street (in Romanian). 2005-03-24. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Musatoiu, Mihai (2005-03-16). "Vodafone buys Connex in Romania's biggest deal for 15 years". Ziarul Financiar. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "Chartered Marketer Directory". Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- "Aneta Bogdan, primul roman Fellow of The Chartered Institute of Marketing". Wall Street. 2011-03-01. Retrieved 2018-03-22.
- "TEDxCluj 2018 speakers". TEDxCluj. Archived from the original on 2018-03-27. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- Ardelean, Alexandru (2014-09-18). "Premiile de Excelenta Biz 15 ani". Revista Biz. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- Popescu, Alina (2013-08-15). "Cristian Kit Paul joins the REBRAND 100® Global Awards jury". www.prwave.ro. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Gala Premiilor EFFIE Romania 2005". hotnews.ro. 2005-03-23. Retrieved 2018-04-02.
- "Aneta Bogdan lanseaza la Gaudeamus volumul "Branding pe frontul de Est"". HotNewsRo (in Romanian). Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Aneta Bogdan: "Suntem supăraţi şi frustraţi şi nu avem pe nimeni care să ne dea o speranţă"". Jurnalul.ro. Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- "Brandient, inclusa in cel mai important top in industria de rebranding". Wall-Street (in Romanian). 2015-10-05. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- "Hall of Fame - REBRAND". rebrand.com. Retrieved 2018-03-27.
- Brandient 101 : Romanian graphic identities = Brandient 101 - identităţi grafice româneşti. Bucureşti: Brandient. 2010. ISBN 9789730075540. OCLC 711827829.
- "Brandient lanseaza prima carte despre pionieratul in designul de brand in Romania". HotNewsRo (in Romanian). Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Brand Finance Romania 50 2017". Brand Finance. 2017-08-29. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Tiron, Mirabela (2009-06-29). "Brandient si GFK au ramas in cursa pentru brandul de tara". Ziarul Financiar. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Racu, Radu (2011-05-25). "Brandient reeditează cartea Anetei Bogdan - "Branding pe frontul de Est" | Ziarul Financiar". www.zf.ro (in Romanian). Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Dabija, Dan-Cristian; Pop, Nicolae; Gabriel Szentesi, Silviu (2014-02-10). "A customer-oriented perspective on retail brand equity in the fashion industry". Industria textilă. 65: 37–46 – via Research Gate.
- Ciongradi, Mădălina. "BRAND -PRODUCT INTERDEPENDENCE". Management&Marketing. XII: 12 – via Academia.edu.
- "Syllabus curs si seminar branding si brand management" (PDF). www.fspac.ubbcluj.ro.
- Bogdan, Aneta (2018). Branding on the Eastern Front. Foreword by Wally Olins. Bucharest: Brandient Consult SRL. ISBN 978-973-0-25913-1.