Virgil O. Parrett Field
|Owner||Pacific Union College|
|Elevation AMSL||1,848 ft / 563 m|
Virgil O. Parrett Field or Angwin Airport (FAA LID: 2O3) is a public use airport located one nautical mile (1.85 km) east of the central business district of Angwin, in Napa County, California, United States. It is owned by Pacific Union College. It is also known as Angwin–Parrett Field Airport. In 2006, a plan was floated for Pacific Union College to divest the field by selling it for $27 million to the County of Napa.
Facilities and aircraft
Angwin–Parrett Field covers an area of 60 acres (24 ha) at an elevation of 1,848 feet (563 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 16/34 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,217 by 50 feet (981 x 15 m).
For the 12-month period ending November 19, 2004, the airport had 12,000 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 32 per day. At that time there were 38 aircraft based at this airport: 92% single-engine and 8% multi-engine.
- PDF. Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- "Virgil O Parrett Field". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-05-04. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "College asking $27 million: Angwin Airport may go to County". Angwin Reporter. WebCite. 8 August 2006. Archived from the original on 7 March 2007. Retrieved 5 September 2011. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 2O3 - Angwin/Parrett, California by Robert French, flight instructor
- Aerial image as of 6 July 1993 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: