|Elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||TN41 W,X,Y,Z ,TN 42 and TN 78 Z|
The name Anikkadavu derived from the ancient word Anai Kadavuwhich means that it was the path of elephants used to cross this region long long ago.
Anikkadavu has the third biggest market in that area.
The villages affiliated to Anikkadavu are:
- Sengoda goundenpudhur
Anikkadavu has several Lord Vinayagar Temples including Karu Kaliyamman Temple, Perumal Temple and Mariyamman Temple.
Anikkadavu is well connected with other villages via road. Most of the streets of this village are built with concrete roads and tar roads.
Anikkadavu is well connected with GSM & CDMA mobile phone operators. The major players are BSNL, Airtel, Aircel, Reliance and Vodafone in the GSM segment and Reliance in the CDMA segment covers Anikkadavu.
Recently the public sector operator BSNL - CellOne started its operations in Anikkadavu.
All the telephone numbers will start from the level of 271XXX and the WLL (Wireless in Local Loop) numbers will be starting from 29XXXX.
Anikkadavu has one Primary Health Center Hospital and a maternity ward which contains around 25 beds and serves about 15 villages around Anikkadavu. People even from long distances like Poolavadi and Ammapatti are using Ramachandrapuram PHC hospital.
Anikkadavu has a good veterinary hospital which is very useful for the villagers and neighborhood villages.
Anikkadavu has two banks: Syndicate Bank and Co-operative Bank.
Many windmills have been installed in the village to produce electricity.
Anikkadavu has one elementary school, high school and one higher secondary school. All are run by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu with the name of Ramachandrapuram Govt Higher Secondary School.
Anikkadavu has three bus stops:
Buses available from Anikkadavu:
- There are many more buses available from Udumalpet,Pollachi and Dharapuram
- The Highway Udumalpet - Annur via- Senjerimalai connect to Udumalpet town from Sinthiluppu.
- 4B (Route no.from Udumalpet) operated by the Govt of Tamil nadu TNSTC from Udumalpet-Negamam via Anikkadavu for more than 50 years
- 38 A (Route No. from Pollachi), operated by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu (TNSTC) from Pollachi (TNSTC Branch-3) for more than 30 years.
- Shakthi Aandavar (38), formally known as DMT operated by a private company based on Pollachi.
- These two buses run between Pollachi and Anikkadavu in the alternative hours and help the village people a lot to traverse upward and downward till 10:30 p.m.
- Jayamurugan - connects Anikkadavu to Udumalpet and the popular temple town Palani thrice in a day. People know this bus with its old name of Ajeesh. This is a route bus and the ticket fares are little bit higher than the town buses.
- 23 (Route No. from Udumalpet), operated by Govt. of Tamil Nadu (TNSTC)from Udumalpet for more than 30 years.
- Aswini Bus Service, an ancient bus service previously operated by Meenakshi Transports, Dharapuram. This bus is also called a Siva bus.
This connects Anikkadavu to Pollachi and Dharapuram. Among the buses passing through Anikkadavu, Saraswathi covers a very long distance about 60 km.
- Panapatti, a dual route bus service operated by Govt of Tamil Nadu. This serves the village twice a day and the rest of time it's running between Pollachi and Tiruppur via Seripalayam, Vadasitur,Panapatti and Palladam. (now not operated.this route was cancelled)It has been operated by the Govt. of Tamil Nadu (TNSTC)from
Pollachi for more than 30 years.
- The village has no rail connectivity and air. The nearest airport is Coimbatore International Airport (IATA: CJB, ICAO: VOCB) which is located around 52 km away and the nearest railway station is Udumalpet Jn (UDT) under Palakkad railway division.
The Current elected members:
- MLA - Mr.Pollachi.Jayaraman (All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam)
- MP - Mr. Mahendran.C (All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam)
The President is Mr. C. Giri.
Anikkadavu is a Panchayat headquarters.
Anikkadavu has a Panchayat Office, Electricity Board Office and one post office. The electricity board has an officer at the rank of AE (Assistant Engineer).
Anikkadavu has its own post office. The postal code for Anikkadavu is 642120. no water supply