Animal (audio drama)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Series||Doctor Who: The Lost Stories|
|Featuring||Seventh Doctor |
|Written by||Andrew Cartmel|
|Directed by||Ken Bentley|
|Executive producer(s)||Nicholas Briggs|
|Release date||30 June 2011|
The Doctor and UNIT investigate a science laboratory at Margrave University, 2001.
- The Doctor – Sylvester McCoy
- Ace – Sophie Aldred
- Raine Creevey – Beth Chalmers
- Brigadier Winifred Bambera – Angela Bruce
- Henrick/Metatraxi – John Banks
- Scobie – Anthony Lewis
- Willa – Dannielle Brent
- Percy – Alex Mallinson
- Juno – Clare Fraenkel
- In the previous story, Crime of the Century, the Doctor encountered defensive government robots built by Margrave University in the 1980s.
- UNIT officer Brigadier Bambera previously appeared with the Seventh Doctor and Ace in the 1989 story Battlefield.
Matt Michael reviewed the play favourably for Doctor Who Magazine. Paul Simpson of Sci-Fi Bulletin was more restrained, calling it a "throwback" to the late 1980s. Both the reviewers noted the inclusion of Cartmelisms, particularly animal rights, although Michael found that this was handled more subtly than might have been expected.
- "Review: Doctor Who: Big Finish Audio: The Lost Stories 2.5: Animal". Sci-Fi Bulletin. Retrieved 31 October 2012.
- Michael, Matt (24 August 2011). "The DWM Review: Animal". Doctor Who Magazine. No. 437. Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent: Panini Comics. pp. 70–71.