|Professor Anne Dell|
11 September 1950|
Perth, Western Australia
|Institutions||Imperial College London|
|Thesis||Peptide and protein sequencing by mass spectrometry (1975)|
|Doctoral advisor||Howard R. Morris|
Anne Dell CBE FRS FMedSci (b. 11 Sept 1950) is an Australian biochemist specialising in the study of glycomics and the carbohydrate structures that modify proteins. She is currently Professor of Carbohydrate Biochemistry at Imperial College London.
Anne Dell was the youngest of seven children and grew up on a farm in the Australian outback, where she was educated at home by her mother using Correspondence School lessons until the age of eleven.
Education and research
After gaining a First Class Honours degree in Organic Chemistry from the University of Western Australia, Dell was awarded an 1851 Exhibition Scholarship to study for a PhD at the University of Cambridge. As she was awarded her PhD in 1975 her doctoral supervisor, Howard R. Morris, moved to Imperial College London as a lecturer in biochemistry and brought Dell with him. She would remain at Imperial for the rest of her career.
- "Birthdays". The Guardian. Guardian News & Media. 11 Sep 2014. p. 43.
- "Sex, immunity ... and carbohydrates". The Guardian. October 25, 2001. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "Professor Anne Dell". Imperial College London. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "No. 59090". The London Gazette (Supplement). 13 June 2009. p. 7.
- Gross, Michael (2015). The Encyclopedia of Mass Spectrometry: Volume 9: Historical Perspectives, Part B: Notable People in Mass Spectrometry. Amsterdam: Elsevier. p. 51. ISBN 0-08-100379-X.
- "Professor Anne Dell". Speakers 4 Schools. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- "Spotlight: Professor Anne Dell" (PDF). Reporter. Imperial College London. October 23, 2015. p. 10. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- "Professor Anne Dell CBE FRS FMedSci" (PDF). Glycobiology.org. Retrieved April 10, 2017.
- Gay, Hannah (2007). The history of Imperial College London, 1907-2007 : higher education and research in science, technology and medicine. New York: Imperial College Press. p. 505. ISBN 1-86094-709-3.
- Haslam SM, North SJ, Dell A (October 2006). "Mass spectrometric analysis of N- and O-glycosylation of tissues and cells". Curr. Opin. Struct. Biol. 16 (5): 584–91. doi:10.1016/j.sbi.2006.08.006. PMID 16938453.
- Hitchen PG, Dell A (June 2006). "Bacterial glycoproteomics". Microbiology. 152 (Pt 6): 1575–80. doi:10.1099/mic.0.28859-0. PMID 16735721.
- Dell A, Morris HR (March 2001). "Glycoprotein structure determination by mass spectrometry". Science. 291 (5512): 2351–6. doi:10.1126/science.1058890. PMID 11269315.
- Dell A, Reason AJ (February 1993). "Carbohydrate analysis". Curr. Opin. Biotechnol. 4 (1): 52–6. doi:10.1016/0958-1669(93)90032-R. PMID 7763394.
- Dell's profile on the Royal Society website.
|This Australian scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|