|Born||21 July 1996|
Lower Penn, England
Guildhall School of Music and Drama
Anya Chalotra (born 21 July 1996) is a British actress primarily known for her role as Yennefer of Vengerberg in the Netflix original series The Witcher. Before that she had a role in Wanderlust.
Chalotra was born on 21st July 1996 in Wolverhampton to an Indian father and English mother. She grew up in the village of Lower Penn, in South Staffordshire, where she lived with her parents and two siblings, an elder sister Reeya and a younger brother Arun. Chalotra completed her schooling at the St. Dominic's Grammar School for Girls in Brewood and later completed the one-year foundation course at the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art before training for three years at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
In 2020, Chalotra starred in a television short film special, aired on Sky Arts, No Masks that is based on the real-life testimonies of key frontlines workers in East London during the COVID-19 pandemic.
|2018||Wanderlust||Jennifer Ashman||Main role|
|2018||The ABC Murders||Lily Marbury||Miniseries|
|2019||Sherwood||Robin Loxley||Main voice role|
|2019–present||The Witcher||Yennefer of Vengerberg||Main role|
|2020||No Masks||Dr. Anuja||Short film (TV special)|
|2021||NEW-GEN||TBA||Main voice role|
|TBA||Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas||Lucilia||Main voice role|
|2017||Much Ado About Nothing||Hero||Globe Theatre|
|2018||The Village||Jyoti||Theatre Royal Stratford East|
|2019||Peter Gynt||Sabine||Royal National Theatre|
|2020||The Cipher||Sabrina||Lead role|
- Radulovic, Petrana (1 July 2019). "Netflix reveals first look at The Witcher cast". Polygon. Archived from the original on 29 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "BBC One famous for acting in - Wanderlust - Jennifer". BBC. Archived from the original on 3 August 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Who is Anya Chalotra, the Indian-origin actor from The Witcher?". lifestyleasia.com. 3 June 2020. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- "Heroic role for actress Anya". St Dominic's Grammar School. 13 September 2017. Archived from the original on 28 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Guildhall School of Music & Drama | Anya Chalotra (2017)". gsmd.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 28 July 2019. Retrieved 28 July 2019.
- "Anya Chalotra". www.nationaltheatre.org.uk. Archived from the original on 28 July 2019. Retrieved 30 August 2019.
- Wolf, Matt (24 August 2017). "A Mexican-Style 'Much Ado About Nothing'". The New York Times. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- Billington, Michael (15 September 2018). "The Village review – teenage firebrand leads resistance against patriarchy". The Guardian. Archived from the original on 25 September 2019. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- Wise, Louis (15 December 2019). "Anya Chalotra is The Witcher's secret weapon". The Times. Archived from the original on 18 December 2019. Retrieved 7 January 2020.
- Gonzalez, Oscar (31 October 2019). "Netflix's The Witcher begins streaming in December". Cnet. Archived from the original on 31 October 2019. Retrieved 31 October 2019.
- staff2020-09-28T07:59:00+01:00, Screen. "Screen unveils the 2020 Stars of Tomorrow". Screen. Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "Anya Chalotra joins coronavirus play No Masks". Outlook India.
- Ramachandran, Naman (15 July 2020). "'Stranger Things' Star Finn Wolfhard, 'Witcher's' Anya Chalotra Set For Sci-Fi Animation 'New-Gen' (EXCLUSIVE)".
- "BBC - Anya Chalotra and Chance Perdomo star in new sci-fi podcast The Cipher - Media Centre". www.bbc.co.uk.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anya Chalotra.|