Arab Fashion Council
Arabic: مجلس الأزياء العربي
|Purpose||Promote Arab fashion Industry worldwide and establishing an economy based on creativity and knowledge.|
|Headquarters||United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates & Saudi Arabia|
|Arabic & English|
Chief Executive Officer
|Website||Arab Fashion Council|
The Arab Fashion Council (AFC) (Arabic: مجلس الأزياء العربي ) is the world's largest non-profit fashion council and an INGO for the Arab world, representing the 22 members of the Arab League. Its main goal is to promote Arab fashion designers internationally, disseminate fashion culture in the region, and position the Arab world on the international map of fashion. It includes Arab companies and talent within the fashion industry, in particular fashion designers, models, photographers, hair stylists, make-up artists, and art directors. Likewise, it regulates the modelling agencies by creating standards in order to protect models working in the Arab world. Finally, it regulates the schools of fashion registered under the laws of Arab countries.
Its first Honorary President was Cav. Lav. Mario Boselli  the former president of Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana. On the 18th of December 2017, the Arab Fashion Council has announced from London the opening of its office in Riyadh and organised the first fashion week in the history of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia under the name of Arab Fashion Week.
On September 2017, the Arab Fashion Council has signed a strategic long-term partnership with Meraas, a Dubai-based holding company. that aims to position Dubai as a fashion capital and celebrate the Arab Fashion Week in a citywide activation in the emirate.
On April 2018, the Arab Fashion Council has signed a partnership with MBM Holding, a Dubai-based Royal family office and investment holding company with activities in investments, strategic advisory and social and community development.
The Arab Fashion Council sets its 2030 vision aiming to create an Arab economy based on creativity and knowledge, by building an industry infrastructure in the region known as the Arab Fashion System. This system anticipates to divide the Arab countries into 3 main clusters; the North African Arab countries to fit under the raw materials resourcing and textile cluster, the Arab Levant countries under the manufacturing cluster, and the Arab countries of the Persian Gulf countries under the retail and merchandise cluster.
Founded in London under the Companies Acts 2006, where London has been selected as a neutral city to represent equally the 22 Arabic Countries that have different jurisdictions. The Arab Fashion Council operates through partnerships in the entire region, its structure is based on 4 main pillars gon]] represented by a different department.
- Higher Management is formed from the board of Chief Officers, directors, and managers having the duty of running the daily business of the council.
- Advisors is formed out of nominated individuals to support the higher management in their strategic decisions and planning.
- Honorary Pioneers are those public notable figures whose work has given the important contribution to the civil society, charity, and the Fashion industry. Among the pioneers are Ralph Debbas the founder of W Motors, Marc Ledermann the CEO of Domus Academy, and Ronnie Jackson.
- Ambassadors are those people who represent the image of the Arab Fashion Council, only admitted through invitation by the higher management.
A landmark activity of the Arab Fashion Council is to organize the twice-yearly the prestigious event Arab Fashion Week. It is the only official Fashion Week in Dubai and the Arab World that is recognized on the international calendar next to the other big four fashion weeks, such as, New York Fashion Week, London Fashion Week, Milan Fashion Week, and Paris Fashion Week. It is considered as one of the world's 5 most important fashion weeks. The Arab Fashion Week represents all 22 Arabic countries and is hosted in Dubai at The Meydan Hotel, promoting both Arab and International designers into the global market where notable fashion brands show their Ready-Couture collection along to the Arab designers. On its 4th edition, the Arab Fashion Week became the world's main platform for the Pre-collections and Ready-Couture. The Arab Fashion Week has also been organised in Riyadh on April 2018 becoming the first fashion week in the history of Saudi Arabia.
In partnership with leading fashion schools and UNESCO Office in Doha, the Arab Fashion Council promotes the Fashion Education and support the Arab talents by providing a fully covered scholarship for an Arab student after entering an annual competition to study bachelor's and master's degrees in Dubai.
Charity and peace
It is the first fashion association to work on a health and pension strategy to protect its members after reaching the age of 65. In addition, it tries to achieve peace in the Middle East through fashion inspired by the purposes United States Federation for Middle East Peace.
Countries covered by the Arab Fashion Council
- Asian Couture Federation
- British Fashion Council
- Council of Fashion Designers of America
- National Chamber of Italian Fashion
- Fédération française de la couture
- "focus on". arabfashioncouncil.com. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Honorary President". Retrieved 8 May 2015.
- "Arab Fashion Council Riyadh". Retrieved 18 Dec 2017.
- "Saudi Arabia Takes Lead Role at Arab Fashion Council". Retrieved 18 Dec 2017.
- "MBM HOLDING".
- "AFC Vision". arabfashioncouncil.com/. Retrieved 15 April 2017.
- "AFC Structure". arabfashioncouncil.com. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Arab Fashion Week". arabfashionweek.org. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "AFC Scholarship". Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Pension Programme for the Arab Designers". rabfashioncouncil.com. Archived from the original on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 20 December 2014.
- "Arab Fashion Council peace strategy". arabfashioncouncil.com. Retrieved 20 December 2014.