Arctium tomentosum, commonly known as the downy burdock or woolly burdock, is a species of burdock that is native to Eurasia from Spain to Xinjiang Province in western China. It is also widely naturalized in parts of North America.
Arctium tomentosum is a biennial herbaceous plant. It can be distinguished from related species because the underside of the leaves is covered with white woolly hairs. The species was described by Philip Miller in 1768.
- The Plant List Arctium tomentosum Mill.
- Altervista Flora Italiana, Bardana lanuta, Arctium tomentosum Mill. includes photos plus European distribution map
- Flora of China Vol. 20-21 Page 153 毛头牛蒡 mao tou niu bang Arctium tomentosum Miller
- Flora of North America Vol. 19, 20 and 21 Page 169 Woolly burdock, bardane tomenteuse, Arctium tomentosum Miller
- Biota of North America Program 2014 county distribution map
|This Cynareae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|