Are You Normal?
|Are You Normal?|
|Studio album by Ned's Atomic Dustbin|
|Released||3 November 1992|
|Ned's Atomic Dustbin chronology|
Are You Normal? is Ned's Atomic Dustbin's second album, released on 3 November 1992. It features the band's biggest American hit, "Not Sleeping Around", which hit the top of Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart.
Are You Normal? shows the band scaling back on the dual-bass, "punk-pop"-informed grebo sound of their debut album in order to "let the dynamics of the basses soak through the rush of power chords that dominate their early work." It also shows the band beginning to work with electronics, sampling and "ultramodern production" that the band would later continue to explore in their later work. Allmusic said the result is "an almost bouncy, bright album, full of great hooks and lyrical cleverness."
- "Suave And Suffocated"
- "Walking Through Syrup"
- "Swallowing Air"
- "Who Goes First?"
- "Not Sleeping Around"
- "You Don't Want To Do That"
- "A Legend In His Own Boots"
- "Two And Two Made Five"
- Matt Cheslin - Bass
- Alex Griffin - Bass, Vocals
- Jonn Penney - Vocals
- Rat - Guitar, Vocals
- Dan Warton - Drums
- Andy Wallace - Producer, Mixing, Engineer
- Steve Sisco - Mixing Assistant
- Darren Galer- Assistant Engineer
- Steve Gullick - Photography, Snaps
- Leigh Smiler - Lyricist, Lettering
- Helga - Design
- [dead link]
- Abebe, Nitsuh (3 November 1992). "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-07.
- Ned's Atomic Dustbin. "Are You Normal?: Information from". Answers.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- "Ned's Atomic Dustbin Billboard Singles". All Music. 2006. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Are You Normal? - Ned's Atomic Dustbin | Songs, Reviews, Credits | AllMusic
- "Are You Normal by Ned s Atomic Dustbin @ ARTISTdirect.com - Shop, Listen, Download". Artistdirect.com. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
|This 1990s alternative rock album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|