Arjunna Harjaie (Arjuna Harjai) is an Indian composer, singer and musician working in Bollywood, he is also known for composing popular advertising music.
His association with director Nikkhil Advani, composing music and songs for film Guddu Engineer and television series P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke received praise from critics. For P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke, Harjaie composed the original score for 107 episodes and composed six songs, he also lent his voice for all the songs along with co singers Nandini Srikar,Shashaa Tirupati, Jonita Gandhi and Surabhi Dashputra.
His work was noted for Nikkhil Advani's Lucknow Central film starring Farhan Akhtar directed by Ranjit Tiwari for which Arjunna Harjaie composed three songs, background score and the soundtracks for trailers and commercials.
Early life and education
Harjai started learning Hindustani classical music from his parents at a very young age and was exposed to various music styles. He moved to Mumbai in 2006 to further study under playback singer Suresh Wadkar. He also studied piano as his main instrument since a very young age and went on to study until Grade 8 of Trinity College, and in 2008 he passed out from SAE College Mumbai as the highest scorer in Audio Engineering. In 2009 he studied jazz and counterpoint composition under various music exchange programs in Delhi and Mumbai.
Harjaie began composing for cinema when Punjabi producer Rajan Batra was looking for a new composer with a distinct vision for his feature film Titoo MBA. Harjaie went on to compose the entire soundtrack for the film. and has continued with a number of other film soundtracks and songs.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|TBA||Koi Jaane Na||TBA|
|2019||That Is Mahalakshmi||TBA|
|2017||Lucknow Central||3 Songs, Original Score and Promos.|
|2017||Jindua||Composed 2 Songs " Laaiyan Ve & Takdi Ravan".|
|2017||MAHI NRI||Music by|
|2016||P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke||Songs, Opening Theme & Background Score|
|2016||Guddu Engineer||Songs & Background Score|
|2016||Do Lafzon Ki Kahani||Composed 1 song "Ankhiyaan"|
|2014||Titoo MBA||Songs and Background Score|
|2013||Calapor||Songs & Background Score, Also sung two songs|
|2012||Manzoor Nahi||Song composed to support the victim of 2012 Delhi gang rape|
|2011||Hair Is Falling||Background Score|
Awards and critical reception
|5th Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival||" Guddu Engineer "||" Nikkhil Advani "||Best Music Award - Keh Nahi Paunga||as Arjuna Harjai||Kumaar||2016|
|Creative ABBY Awards GOLD||" P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke "||" Nikkhil Advani "||Original Background Score - Rab Ki Baatein||Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|Creative ABBY Awards BRONZE||" P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke "||" Nikkhil Advani "||Original Background Score - Raahiyan Ve||Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|Film||Song||Singer||Lyricist||Year of Release|
|Lucknow Central||Kaavaan Kaavaan||Divya Kumar||Kumaar||2017|
|Lucknow Central||Rangdaari||Arijit Singh Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|Lucknow Central||Teen Kabooter||Divya Kumar Mohit Chauhan raftaar||Kumaar raftaar||2017|
|Jindua||Laaiyan Ve||Arjunna Harjaie & Surabhi Dashputra||Kumaar||2017|
|Jindua||Takdi Ravan||Jonita Gandhi, Akhil & Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Tere Bina (Reprise)||Hardy Sandhu||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Tabbar||Lehmber Hussainpuri & Hardy Sandhu||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Balle Balle||Hardy Sandhu||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Bathroom (Rap)||Hardy Sandhu||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Blonde Nachdi||Hardy Sandhu & Jonita Gandhi||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||One More Thumka||Jonita Gandhi & Anubhav Suman||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Tere Bina||Master Saleem & Shipra Goyal||Kumaar||2017|
|Mahi NRI||Mera Mahi NRI||Kailash Kher||Kumaar||2017|
|P.O.W.- Bandi Yuddh Ke||Ishq Hawa Hai||Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|P.O.W.- Bandi Yuddh Ke||Akhari Mod Pe||Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2017|
|P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke||Dhaage||Arjunna Harjaie & Nandini Srikar||Kumaar||2016|
|P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke||Raahiya||Surabhi Dashputra & Shashaa Tirupati||Kumaar||2016|
|P.O.W. - Bandi Yuddh Ke||Rab Ki Baatein||Arjunna Harjaie||Kumaar||2016|
|Do Lafzon Ki Kahani (film)||Ankhiyaan||Kanika Kapoor||Kumaar||2016|
|Hero (2015 Hindi film)||Yadaan Teriyaan Reprise||Shipra Goyal & Arjuna Harjai||Kumaar||2015|
|Chudail||Raat Ye Kehti Hai||Sunidhi Chauhan||Surabhi Dashputra||2015|
|Chudail||Das Rahe Hain||Jonita Gandhi||Surabhi Dashputra||2015|
|Titoo MBA||O Soniye||Arijit Singh & Vibha Saraf||Surabhi Dashputra||2014|
|Titoo MBA||Kyu Hua||Arijit Singh & Arjuna Harjai||Kumaar||2014|
|Titoo MBA||Atyachaari||Surabhi Dashputra & Arjuna Harjai||Surabhi Dashputra||2014|
|Titoo MBA||Plan Bana Le||Aishwarya Nigam & Surabhi Dashputra||Kumaar||2014|
|Titoo MBA||O Ranjhna||Surabhi Dashputra||Surabhi Dashputra||2014|
|Titoo MBA||Kyu Hua Reprise||Neeti Mohan||Kumaar||2014|
|Calapor||I Love You Ma||Arjunna Harjaie & Surabhi Dashputra||Surabhi Dashputra||2013|
|Calapor||Tarana||Surabhi Dashputra||Surabhi Dashputra||2013|
|Calapor||Musical||Lakshmi Madhusudan & Aishwarya Nigam||Sanjeev Chaturvedi||2013|
|Manzoor Nahi||Single||Surabhi Dashputra & Arjuna Harjai||Surabhi Dashputra||2012|
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Love over numbers: P.O.W- a hard hitting experiment on TV". tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Arjuna Harjai hopes to hit the right chord with his music - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Arjunna Harjaie". IMDb. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "'Monsoon Wedding' song 'Kawa Kawa' recreated for Farhan Akhtar's 'Lucknow Central'". mid-day.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Arjunna Harjaie composes a song using trash cans - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Releases of the Week". telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Arjuna Harjai: My parents played an important role in my career - Times of India". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Besharam (2013)". IMDb. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Just Pass!! (Titoo MBA – Music Review)". wordpress.com. 15 November 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Sukhwinder Singh's "Kaawan Kaawan" to now feature in Farhan Akhtar-starrer Lucknow Central - Mumbai Mirror -". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 May 2018.
- "Mahi N.R.I. (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) by Arjunna Harjaie on Apple Music". apple.com. 9 February 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Star Plus brings 'Prisoners of War' to India, renowned director to direct". indiantelevision.com. 2 March 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Guddu Engiineer (2016)". imdb.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Ankhiyaan Lyrics - Do Lafzon Ki Kahani - Kanika Kapoor". lyricsted.com. 18 May 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Music Review Do Lafzon Ki Kahani - Oye! Times". oyetimes.com. 24 May 2016. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Arjuna Harjai composes and sings a song with Sunidhi Chauhan". indianexpress.com. 4 December 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "Creative Abby Awards 2017: Star Plus & Colors win a gold each in broadcaster category". indiantelevision.com. 7 April 2017. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Do Lafzon Ki Kahani Songs - Do Lafzon Ki Kahani 2016 Music - Bollywood Hungama". bollywoodhungama.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.
- "musicadeangela.com". musicadeangela.com. Retrieved 7 September 2017.