Ashley Campbell (musician)
|Born||December 8, 1986|
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
|Associated acts||Glen Campbell|
Ashley Campbell released her debut single "Remembering" via Dot Records in 2015. The song previously appeared on the soundtrack of the 2015 documentary Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me, to which she also contributed the track "Home Again". "Remembering" is about her father and his struggles with Alzheimer's disease. The compilation went on to win a Grammy and was nominated for an Oscar. Campbell also released a music video for the song. The song debuted at No. 56 on the Country Airplay chart dated for the week ending December 5, 2015.
In 2016, Campbell was selected as one of the artists to appear at the Country to Country festival in the UK. She performed sets on several of the pop-up stages across the weekend, including a radio session. She is also set to play the main stage at the 2018 festival in a special tribute to her father. She released her debut album The Lonely One on May 11, 2018. Initially slated to be released on the Dot Records label, Campbell announced that her album would instead be released on her own label, Whistle Stop Records, following the closure of Dot. Produced by Campbell's brother Cal, The Lonely One features 13 tracks all co-written by Campbell.
Ashley is the youngest of Glen Campbell's eight children. She is a 2009 graduate of Pepperdine University with a bachelor's degree in Theater. She originally pursued comedy after her graduation and was a member of various improv comedy groups in Los Angeles. Her brother, Shannon, is a member of her band.
|Title||Details||Peak chart positions|
|The Lonely One||6 |
|US Country Airplay|
|2015||"Remembering"||55||Glen Campbell: I'll Be Me soundtrack|
|2016||"Wichita Lineman"||–||single only|
|2018||"A New Year"|
- "Ashley Campbell". Deering Banjos. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Lawless, John (16 April 2012). "Ashley Campbell hits the scene". Bluegrass Today. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "I'll Be Me soundtrack". Allmusic. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Dauphin, Chuck (16 November 2015). "Glen Campbell's Daughter Ashley Says First Single 'Remembering' Feels 'Like I'm Giving My Dad a Hug'". Billboard. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Ashley Campbell, 'Remembering' [Listen]". Taste of Country. 5 October 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Kickham, Dylan (29 October 2015). "Ashley Campbell's music video for 'Remembering' is a heartfelt tribute to dad, Glen Campbell". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Billboard Country Update" (PDF). Billboard. 23 November 2015. p. 6. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Betts, Stephen L. (March 1, 2018). "Ashley Campbell Readies Debut Solo Album 'The Lonely One'". Rolling Stone.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-12-08. Retrieved 2015-12-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Official Country Artists Albums Chart Top 20 | Official Charts Company". Officialcharts.com.
- "Remembering (Single Version) – Ashley Campbell". Vevo. Retrieved December 14, 2015.