Ashley Nicole Black
|Ashley Nicole Black|
June 15, 1985|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Known for||Full Frontal with Samantha Bee|
Ashley Nicole Black (born June 15, 1985) is an American comedian, actress, and writer from Los Angeles, California. In 2016, she became a writer and correspondent for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
Black graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 2007 with a degree in theatre arts. She then attended Northwestern University where she earned a master's degree in performance studies. Black was four years into a PhD program at Northwestern University when she decided to drop out and pursue her dream of working in comedy.
Black earned an Emmy for Outstanding Writing For A Variety Special in 2017 for her work as one of the writers on Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner special for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
- Klein, Sandi. "Ashley Nicole Black, Writer/Comedian". Public Radio Exchange. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Russell, John (October 3, 2016). "Full Frontal With Samantha Bee: Ashley Nicole Black on Sharing a Point of View With Her Boss". TV Insider. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Aggarwal-Schifellite, Manisha (January 10, 2017). "These Three Women Are at the Feminist Frontline of Late-Night Television". Elle. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Sanders, Sam (October 24, 2017). "Ashley Nicole Black From "Full Frontal" On Comedy, Improv, and Bridging Political Divides". NPR.
- Rudulph, Heather Wood (September 19, 2016). "Get That Life: How I Became an Emmy-Nominated Comedy Writer". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Martinelli, Marissa (February 7, 2018). "Drunk History Celebrates Nichelle Nichols for Breaking Barriers on Star Trek and in Actual Space". Slate.