Ashley Nicole Black
Ashley Nicole Black
|Known for||Full Frontal with Samantha Bee|
Ashley Nicole Black (born June 15, 1985) is an American comedian, actress, and writer from Los Angeles, California. In 2016, she became a writer and correspondent for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee. She left the show in February 2019.
Black graduated from the University of California, Santa Cruz in 2007 with a degree in theatre arts. She then attended Northwestern University where she earned a master's degree in performance studies. Black was four years into a PhD program at Northwestern University when she decided to drop out and pursue her dream of working in comedy.
Black earned an Emmy for Outstanding Writing For A Variety Special in 2017 for her work as one of the writers on Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner special for Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
Her last episode on Full Frontal was on February 13, 2019.
- Black, Ashley Nicole (June 15, 2018). "It's my birthday. Someone please let me borrow their teleportation machine that can get me an In N Out burger to NY. I know rich people have that and are hiding it from us". @ashleyn1cole. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Fallon, Kevin (June 20, 2017). "Meet Samantha Bee's Army of Trumpster-Confronting Comics". Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Klein, Sandi. "Ashley Nicole Black, Writer/Comedian". Public Radio Exchange. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Russell, John (October 3, 2016). "Full Frontal With Samantha Bee: Ashley Nicole Black on Sharing a Point of View With Her Boss". TV Insider. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Aggarwal-Schifellite, Manisha (January 10, 2017). "These Three Women Are at the Feminist Frontline of Late-Night Television". Elle. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Sanders, Sam (October 24, 2017). "Ashley Nicole Black From "Full Frontal" On Comedy, Improv, and Bridging Political Divides". NPR.
- Rudulph, Heather Wood (September 19, 2016). "Get That Life: How I Became an Emmy-Nominated Comedy Writer". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Martinelli, Marissa (February 7, 2018). "Drunk History Celebrates Nichelle Nichols for Breaking Barriers on Star Trek and in Actual Space". Slate.
- "Patton Oswalt, David Simon, Danny Zuker, More WGA Members Post Termination Letters". Variety.