Astro Bot Rescue Mission
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Astro Bot Rescue Mission|
|Developer(s)||SIE Japan Studio|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Interactive Entertainment|
Seiya Shimizu (assistant)
|Designer(s)||Gento Morita (lead game designer)|
|Programmer(s)||Takumi Yoshida (lead gameplay programmer)|
Yuki Miyamae (lead engine programmer)
|Artist(s)||Sebastian Brueckner (art director)|
|Composer(s)||Kenneth C M Young|
Takahiro Sasamura (SE)
|Platform(s)||PlayStation 4 (PlayStation VR)|
|Release||October 2, 2018|
Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a platformer, developed by SIE Japan Studio exclusively for the PlayStation 4's PlayStation VR headset. It stars a cast of robot characters called Astro Bots, first introduced in The Playroom, where they appeared as little robots that lived inside of the PlayStation 4 controller. The game sees the player completing platforming challenges in order to rescue Bots, who have been dispersed throughout the game's world.
Due to popular demand and fan feedback of the mini game called "Robot Rescue" in Playroom VR, SIE Japan Studio decided to make a fully fleshed game based off the mini game.
Chris Dunlap's 10/10 score on GamingAge stated that "Astro Bot Rescue Mission is an extremely fun and engaging game, and a dynamite addition to the growing PSVR library. At $39.99, it is an absolute bargain for what you get here. Once you start playing you will find it hard to stop. Games like these are the reason why I love PlayStation VR as much as I do. It’s a simple concept that works on so many levels here. If you have a PSVR system, Definitely check this one out, I can’t recommend it enough!"
PSU.com 9/10 "Easily the best platformer and PS VR game on the market this year. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a showcase to how VR should be utilized moving forward. Astro Bot: Rescue Mission is a must buy."
|2018||Game Critics Awards||Best VR/AR Game||Nominated|||
|Gamescom 2018||Best Puzzle/Skill Game||Nominated|||
|9th Hollywood Music in Media Awards||Best Original Song ("A Fire in Your Mind")||Nominated|||
|The Game Awards 2018||Best VR/AR Game||Won|||
- "Astro Bot Rescue Mission for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic.
- Dunlap, Chris (October 2, 2018). "Review: Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PS4)". GamingAge. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- BAGDASAROV, GARRI (October 2, 2018). "Review: Astro Bot Rescue Mission (PS4)". PSU.com. Retrieved October 2, 2018.
- Watts, Steve (July 2, 2018). "Resident Evil 2 Wins E3 Game Critics Awards' Top Honor". GameSpot. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- Keane, Sean (August 22, 2018). "Gamescom 2018 award winners include Marvel's Spider-Man, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate". CNET. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- "2018 Music in Visual Media Nominations". Hollywood Music in Media Awards. Retrieved November 14, 2018.
- "2018 HMMA WINNERS". Hollywood Music in Media Awards. November 14, 2018. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- McWhertor, Michael (November 13, 2018). "The Game Awards 2018 nominees led by God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2". Polygon. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Grant, Christopher (December 6, 2018). "The Game Awards 2018: Here are all the winners". Polygon. Retrieved December 7, 2018.