Aurelius Township, Michigan
|Aurelius Township, Michigan|
|• Total||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Land||36.5 sq mi (94.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||915 ft (279 m)|
|• Estimate (2014)||4,228|
|• Density||90.9/sq mi (35.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1625864|
- Aurelius is an unincorporated community in the township at .
- North Aurelius is an unincorporated community in the township at  .
- The city of Mason is nearby to the northeast and the village of Eaton Rapids is nearby to the southwest. The Delhi Charter Township is to the north, which is a part of the Lansing urban area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.5 square miles (95 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 3,318 people, 1,130 households, and 939 families residing in the township. The population density was 90.9 per square mile (35.1/km²). There were 1,153 housing units at an average density of 31.6 per square mile (12.2/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 96.50% White, 0.63% African American, 0.39% Native American, 0.27% Asian, 0.81% from other races, and 1.39% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3.62% of the population.
There were 1,130 households out of which 40.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 74.4% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.9% were non-families. 13.7% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.93 and the average family size was 3.24.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.0% under the age of 18, 6.8% from 18 to 24, 28.8% from 25 to 44, 27.3% from 45 to 64, and 8.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 101.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.1 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $62,750, and the median income for a family was $69,712. Males had a median income of $45,341 versus $30,959 for females. The per capita income for the township was $22,983. About 1.9% of families and 3.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.1% of those under age 18 and 1.3% of those age 65 or over.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-05-22.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Aurelius Township, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Aurelius, Michigan
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: North Aurelius, Michigan