|Address||Khodynsky Bulvar 4, Moscow, Russia|
|Owner||ZAO TVK Aviapark|
|Floor count||Six, including the parking levels|
|Floor area||Total 390,000 m2 (4,200,000 sq ft)|
GLA 230,000 m2 (2,500,000 sq ft)
(Two-level parking structure)
Aviapark (Russian: Авиапарк) is a six-story shopping center in the Aeroport District of Moscow, Russia. At 390,000 square meters of total space and 230,000 square meters of leasable area, it is the largest shopping mall in Europe.
It opened in November 2014 with more than 500 stores and a four-story aquarium that extends to the ceiling of the retail section. The aquarium was recognized by Guinness World Records as the tallest cylindrical aquarium in the world at 22.31 metres (73.2 ft) in the world.
The property is in the Aeroport District of Moscow, on the grounds of the former Khodynka Aerodrome. There is no direct access to the mall on the Moscow Metro; however the CSKA, Aeroport, Dinamo and Polezhayevskaya stations are a short distance and the mall provides free shuttle buses from some stations for customers.
Development and Ownership
The property was developed by AMMA Development, which was founded by Mikhail Zaits and IKEA’s MEGA. The major shareholders in the property are Zaits and Igor Rotenberg, the son of Russian billionaire Arkady Rotenberg.
In 2017, media reports suggested that Gazprombank was, at one point, involved in the mall’s ownership. The bank initially provided a $560 million construction loan on the mall. Kommersant reported that, as part of a restructuring, Aviapark Mall Holdings received an option to buy the remaining stake from Gazprombank, which it exercised, removing the bank from the ownership structure.
It received its GPZU, or approved development plan, in June 2012 and began construction later that year. The opening was projected for the fourth quarter of 2014. Jones Lang LaSalle was named as the property’s leasing agent.
The mall’s anchors include French retailer Auchan, the home improvement chain OBI, Media Markt, Stockmann, Sephora and H&M. Karo, a Russian theater chain, operates a 17-screen cinema, one of the largest in Russia.
- "2014 Retail Market Report" (PDF). Knight Frank. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "10 Крупнейших Торговых Центров Европы" (in Russian). РБК. 2014-11-28.
- "Tallest cylindrical aquarium". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "В московском районе «Аэропорт» ежегодно будет появляться не менее одной новостройки" (in Russian). Vedomosti. 2017-03-20.
- "Как добраться". Aviapark. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "Владельцы «Авиапарка» могут продать половину комплекса" (in Russian). Vedomosti. 2016-08-09.
- "Структура Газпромбанка является совладельцем ТЦ «Авиапарк»" (in Russian). RIA Novosti. 2017-01-27.
- "Газпромбанк вышел из капитала ТЦ «Авиапарк»" (in Russian). Kommersant. 2017-10-17.
- "AVIA PARK, the biggest shopping centre in Europe to be built in Moscow". Jones Lang LaSalle. 2012-06-29.
- "Магазины". Aviapark. Retrieved 2018-02-24.
- "«КАРО» ОТКРОЕТ 17-ЗАЛЬНЫЙ КИНОТЕАТР В ТЦ «АВИА ПАРК» В МОСКВЕ". Karo. Retrieved 2018-02-24.