Azerbaijan at the 2010 Winter Olympics
|Azerbaijan at the
2010 Winter Olympics
|NOC||National Olympic Committee of the Azerbaijani Republic|
|Competitors||2 in 1 sport|
|Flag bearer||Fuad Guliyev|
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
| Russian Empire (1900–1912)
Soviet Union (1952–1988)
Unified Team (1992)
Azerbaijan participated at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Vancouver 2010 was Azerbaijan's fourth Olympic Winter Games, having appeared in each Winter Games since Nagano 1998. Azerbaijan's flag bearer was the president of the country's figure skating association and a skating official despite the country not qualifying any skaters.
|Athlete||Event||Run 1||Run 2||Total||Rank|
|Jedrij Notz||Men's giant slalom||1:30.78||1:35.20||3:05.98||72|
|Gaia Bassani Antivari||Women's giant slalom||1:30.82||1:26.05||2:56.87||57|
Azerbaijan's bright uniform and colorful paisley pants was one of the highlights of 2010 Winter Olympics. According to many designers, paisley pants brought new trend to world's olympic fashion market. Another publication noted that "Azerbaijan has no chance of winning at the Winter Olympics, however, country had already left its mark on the games".
- "2010 Olympics Opens - Photo 1 - Pictures - CBS News". cbsnews.com. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Vancouver 2010: The Olympics of the Silly Pants | Tonic – Inspiring News Stories & Social Good". Archived from the original on 2010-02-23. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- "Olympics-Fancy pants designer eyes giant strides in ski market | Reuters". reuters.com. Retrieved 2015-03-21.
- «Азербайджан выиграл войну штанов» (in Russian)
- «Психоделические» штаны азербайджанских спортсменов в Ванкувере (in Russian)