Baba Guru Nanak University
|Baba Guru Nanak University|
|Location||Nankana Sahib, Punjab, Pakistan|
|Campus||2,500 acres (10 km2)|
Baba Guru Nanak University (Punjabi: ਬਾਬਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਯੂਨੀਵਰਸਿਟੀ bābā gurū nānaka yūnīvarasiṭī) is a planned international university that will be located in Nankana Sahib, Punjab, Pakistan, the birthplace of Guru Nanak.
Baba Guru Nanak University (BGNU) is a university proposed to be located in Nankana Sahib, in the Punjab region of Pakistan. It plans to facilitate between 5,000 to 10,000 students from all over the world at the university.
The plans are for it to be modeled along the lines of renowned universities like Oxford and Cambridge, offering faculties in "Medicine", "Dentistry", "Pharmacy", "Engineering", "Computer science", "Languages", "Music" and "Social sciences". After a facilities planning meeting in June 2007, High Court (Uganda) Judge Anup Singh Choudry and a group based in Southall, UK known as the World Muslim Sikh Federation have produced a detailed concept plan and blueprints calling for 2,500 acres (10 km2) to be set aside for the proposed institution.
The "World Muslim Sikh Federation" (WMSF) proposes that the name of the University should be one of the following three:
- Guru Nanak International University
- Baba Nanak International University
- Nanak International University
- Baba Nanak University Draft Proposals, accessed 2008-07-27
- For the feasibility and completion of the university, a project management unit was established by Syed Asif Hashmi, Chairman Evacuee Trust Property Board of Pakistan. Most of the paper work like PC-II and charter of the university was completed by this project management unit. But on August 23, 2013, a sad news was spread out from PETPB that they have closed down the project of Baba Guru Nanak University. This statement was given by the Secretary Junaid Ahmad and Secretary Shrines Khalid Ali of PETPB in Lahore High Court while appearing in a contempt notice. Meeting to finalise the structure and faculties, 15–16 June 2007, accessed 2008-07-27
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|