Baggage Claim (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David E. Talbert|
|Produced by||David E. Talbert
Steven J. Wolfe
|Written by||David E. Talbert|
|Based on||Baggage Claim
by David E. Talbert
|Music by||Aaron Zigman|
|Cinematography||Anastas N. Michos|
|Edited by||Troy Takaki|
Sneak Preview Productions
|Distributed by||Fox Searchlight Pictures|
|Budget||$8.5 million|
Baggage Claim is a 2013 American comedy film directed by David E. Talbert and written by Talbert based on his book of the same name. It stars Paula Patton, Derek Luke, Taye Diggs, Jill Scott, Adam Brody, and Jenifer Lewis. The film was released on September 27, 2013. It features Little Mix's debut single, Wings.
Pathologically single, 30-something, flight attendant, Montana Moore (Paula Patton) is on a mission to get her overbearing, frequently married, mother (Jenifer Lewis) to stop pressuring her to get married. After being jilted by her only prospect (Boris Kodjoe) just as her younger sister, Sheree (Lauren London), becomes engaged, Montana and her friends (Adam Brody and Jill Scott) devise a plan to help her find a potential husband before Sheree's wedding. Over the course of 30 days, Montana flies all over the country (with the help of a colorful team of coworkers) hoping to reconnect with a litany of ex-boyfriends that include a misogynistic politician (Taye Diggs), an irresponsible entertainer (Trey Songz) and a commitment shy multi-billionaire (Djimon Hounsou).
Though her quest to find a husband proves to be a disaster, Montana is oblivious to the developing romance with her longtime best friend (Derek Luke). Once Montana realizes that she doesn't need a husband to live a fulfilling life, she finally stands up to her mother and gets her proposal from "Mr. Wright."
- Paula Patton as Montana Moore
- Derek Luke as William Wright
- Taye Diggs as Langston Jefferson Battle III
- Boris Kodjoe as Graham
- Sweeny as Sweeny
- Trey Songz as Damon Diesel
- Jill Scott as Gail Best
- Adam Brody as Sam
- Jenifer Lewis as Catherine Moore
- Djimon Hounsou as Quinton Jamison
- Lauren London as Sheree Moore
- Christina Milian as Taylor
- Tia Mowry-Hardrict as Janine
- La La Anthony as Tanya
- Jim Whetstone as Chad Wilson
- Rickey Smiley as Calvin
- Terrence Jenkins as Sheree's fiancé
- Affion Crockett as Cedric
Baggage Claim received generally negative reviews from critics. Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a rating of 14%, based on 78 reviews, with an average rating of 4.8/10. The site's critical consensus reads, "Baggage Claim hits the same notes as a number of successful romantic comedies without establishing much personality of its own." On Metacritic, the film holds a score of 34 out of 100, based on 27 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".
- "BAGGAGE CLAIM (12A)". 20th Century Fox. British Board of Film Classification. September 2, 2013. Retrieved September 28, 2013.
- Baggage Claim at Box Office Mojo
- "Trey Songz, Taye Diggs Join 'Baggage Claim'". The Hollywood Reporter. October 4, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2013.[dead link]
- Baggage Claim at Rotten Tomatoes
- Baggage Claim at Metacritic