10 October 1973 |
Poohla village, Bathinda district, East Punjab, India
|Genres||Punjabi folk, bhangra, pop|
Early life and career
Balkar Sidhu was born on 10 October 1973, to father S. Roop Singh Sidhu and mother Charanjeet Kaur, in the village of Poohla of Bathinda district in Punjab. He is married to Daljinder Kaur and has two daughters and one son. He is the three-times university gold medalist in singing and learned music from the famous Dhadi singer Gurbakhsh Singh Albela (his uncle) as professional.
His Latest Single Track Relesed Was "Jatt Pateya Gya" Composed And Directed By Studio Nasha
His first Punjabi music album was Karna Chhad De Pyar, released during his graduation's first year. Later he released Din Pepran De and other albums. He has a role in the Punjabi] film, Desi Munde, which as of February 2012[update] is incomplete. Some of his albums are:
- Din Pepran/Paperan de
- Hasdian De Ghar Vasde
- Gall Taan Bandee
- Aaja Ganne Chupiye
- Tu Meri Khand Mishri
- Do Gallan
- Laung Taviteriaan
- Chubare Wali Baari
- Saada Vee Viyah Ho Gayan
In May 2014, he joined Aam Aadmi Party. He was nominated AAP candidate from Talwandi Sabo in 2014 Punjab bye-elections. Later he was replaced with another candidate Baljinder Kaur. Sidhu decided to content elections as independent candidate and was expelled from AAP.
- "Balkar Sidhu - Desiest - Punjabi Singer". www.desiest.com. Archived from the original on 2010-02-04. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "balkar sidhu". www.planetradiocity.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- Yudhvir Rana (15 Aug 2003). "Lone candle flickers at Wagah". www.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਦੇ ਸਟਾਰ". In Punjabi. www.punjabijanta.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "ਸਾਫ਼ ਸੁਥਰੀ ਗਾਇਕੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ, ਬਲਕਾਰ ਸਿੱਧੂ". In Punjabi. www.mywebdunia.com. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "ਬਲਕਾਰ ਸਿੱਧੂ - Yaadan Punjab Dian". An Interview (In Punjab language). www.ypdtv.com. Retrieved 23 Feb 2012.
- "Desi Munde". www.desimunde.net. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "Desi Munde - Punjabi Movie". www.unp.me. Retrieved 20 Feb 2012.
- "Saada Vee Viyah Ho Gayan,Balkar Sidhu". Popular Track on Internet. RedMux. 12 Aug 2017. Retrieved 20 August 2017.
- "AAP looks to ride Bhagwant's show to contest Dhuri bypoll". Times of India. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 26 May 2014.
- "AAP expels Balkar Sidhu, Sandeep Handa". Times of India. 7 Aug 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.