Bang Na District
Central City Bangna
Khet location in Bangkok
|Khet established||6 March 1998|
|• Total||18.789 km2 (7.254 sq mi)|
|• Density||4,965.51/km2 (12,860.6/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
Bang Na (Thai: บางนา; pronounced [bāːŋ nāː]) is one of the fifty districts (khet) of Bangkok, Thailand. Its neighbors, clockwise from the north, are the Phra Khanong and Prawet districts of Bangkok and Bang Phli, Mueang Samut Prakan, and Phra Pradaeng districts of Samut Prakan Province.
Bang Na was once a sub-district of Phra Khanong. It became a separate district on 6 March 1998.
The district has one sub-district (khwaeng).
Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC) is a major convention and exhibition center. Among its regularly hosted events is the annual Bangkok International Motor Show. During major exhibitions, trams are provided for transportation between BITEC and On Nut Bangkok Skytrain station.
Several temples are in the district: Wat Bang Na Nai (วัดบางนาใน), Wat Bang Na Nok (วัดบางนานอก), Wat Si Iam (วัดศรีเอี่ยม), and Wat Phong Phloi Witthayaram (วัดผ่องพลอยวิทยาราม).
CentralPlaza Bangna, formerly Central City Bangna, is one of the first shopping malls in Bang Na. Unlike most shopping centres in Thailand, it has a theme park and water theme park on upper floors.
Royal Dragon Restaurant or Mang Korn Lung (มังกรหลวง) formerly held the Guinness Book World's Records as the world's largest restaurant during 1992 to 2008. It is an outdoor seafood restaurant 1.6 hectares in size. Waiters roller-skate to serve food from the kitchen to the tables.
The Sukhumvit Line of the BTS Skytrain runs through the area along Sukhumvit Road. The extension into Bang Na, which is the one of largest highways in the world opened in August 2011 with three stations: Udom Suk, Bang Na, and Bearing. The Bang Na station is about 500 m from BITEC.
Sukhumvit Road and Bang Na-Trat Highway are two major highways linking Bangkok to eastern Thailand. On top of Bang Na-Trad Highway is the 55 km Buraphawithi Tollway reaching Chonburi Province. Suvarnabhumi Airport can be accessed from the south via Bang Na-Trad and Buraphawithi as an alternative to the Bangkok-Chonburi Highway (motorway) from the north.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- "History and General Information (in Thai)". Bang Na District Office. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "The Royal Dragon Restaurant - About us". Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "9 of Thailand's coolest Guinness World Records". CNNGo.com. 18 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Top 10 Longest Bridges in the World=11 May 2016". Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- "BTS signs B2bn carriage deal". Bangkok Post. 11 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-27.
- "Contact Us." International Community School. Retrieved on March 6, 2013. "1225 The Parkland Rd. Khwaeng Bangna, Khet Bangna Bangkok 10260 Thailand"
- "Contact Us." Bangkok Patana School. Retrieved on 26 March 2013. "Postal Address : Bangkok Patana School, 643 La Salle Road (Sukhumvit 105), Bangna, Bangkok 10260, Thailand" - Thai: "โรงเรียนบางกอกพัฒนา 643 ถ.ลาซาล (สุขุมวิท 105) แขวง/เขต บางนา กรุงเทพฯ 10260" Map, Print map