|Municipality of Banguingui|
Map of Sulu with Banguingui highlighted
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|Barangays||14 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Whajid Sahidulla|
|• Electorate||11,293 voters (2016)|
|• Total||352.59 km2 (136.14 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||69/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)68|
|Climate type||Tropical climate|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Revenue (₱)||77,512,300.34 (2016)|
From its original name Tongkil, it was renamed Banguingui on January 29, 1999 by virtue of Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 71 of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in honor of the dominant Banguingui tribe of the municipality. It was inaugurated only on January 29, 2006.
Tongkil is politically subdivided into 14 barangays.
- Luuk (Poblacion)
- North Paarol
- South Paarol
|Population census of Banguingui|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Sulu". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 71; An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Tongkil in the Province of Sulu to the Municipality of Banguingui" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- MMA Act No. 71 : An Act Changing the name of the Municipality of Tongkil in the Province of Sulu to the municipality of Banguingui
- Banguingui municipality celebrates 10th anniversary
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "ARMM – Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Sulu". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|