Location in Sulu
|Region||Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM)|
|District||2nd district of Sulu|
|• Mayor||Whajid Sahidulla|
|• Total||352.59 km2 (136.14 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||69/km2 (180/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)68|
|Income class||4th municipal income class|
|Electorate||11,293 voters as of 2016|
The original name of the municipality was Tongkil, and was renamed Banguingui on January 29, 1999 by virtue of Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 71 of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in honor of the dominant Banguingui tribe of the municipality. It was inaugurated only on January 29, 2006.
Tongkil is politically subdivided into 14 barangays.
- Luuk (Poblacion)
- North Paarol
- South Paarol
|Population census of
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Muslim Mindanao Autonomy Act No. 71; An Act Changing the Name of the Municipality of Tongkil in the Province of Sulu to the Municipality of Banguingui" (PDF). Regional Legislative Assembly, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao. Retrieved 27 January 2016.
- MMA Act No. 71 : An Act Changing the name of the Municipality of Tongkil in the Province of Sulu to the municipality of Banguingui
- Banguingui municipality celebrates 10th anniversary
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "ARMM - Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao". Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007): Total Population by Province, City and Municipality (Report). NSO. Archived from the original on 11 November 2011.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Sulu Sea||Tabuan-Lasa, Basilan|
|This article about a location in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|