(Redirected from Bans)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up ban in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Ban may refer to:
- Ban (law), a decree that prohibits something, sometimes a form of censorship, being denied from entering or using the place/item
- Imperial ban (Reichsacht), a form of outlawry in the medieval Holy Roman Empire
- Ban (medieval), the sovereign's power to command
- King's ban (Königsbann), a royal command or prohibition in the medieval Holy Roman Empire
- Herem, a Hebrew word usually translated as "the ban"
- Ban (surname), a Chinese surname
- Ban (Korean name), a Korean surname and element in given names
- Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary-General
- Ban (mythology), a king from Arthurian legend
- Ban (title), a noble title used in south-eastern Europe (Romania, Croatia, Bosnia and Hungary)
- Matija Ban, a Croatian poet
- Oana Ban, a Romanian artistic gymnast
- Shigeru Ban, a Japanese architect
- Ban, Burkina Faso, a town in Burkina Faso
- Bans, Jura, a commune in eastern France
- Ban, Murree, a village and UC of Rawalpindi District, Pakistan
- Ban, an alternate name of Ben, Iran, a city in Iran
- Ban, Iran, a village in Markazi Province, Iran
- Ban, a village in Bănişor Commune, Sălaj County, Romania
- Ban, habitation in Thai muban
- Ban, a settlement in Sarawak, Malaysia
- IP address blocking, a block set up by a server or website that blocks requests originating from particular IP addresses or ranges of addresses
- Stealth banning or shadow banning, a practice used in managing online communities
- Ban (Internet), the banning of individual users from websites
- Ban (unit), a logarithmic unit of information or weight of evidence
- Ban (deodorant), a brand name deodorant & antiperspirant
- Ban (plural: bani), a coin, the 1/100 part of a Romanian leu or Moldovan leu
- Muban, or Ban for short, the lowest administrative subdivision of Thailand
- Another name for the paiban, a clapper used in Chinese music
- An alternate spelling for "bann" as in banns of marriage.
- Akaza BanBan, nicknamed Ban, a character in Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger
- Ban Mido, a main character of the GetBackers series
- Ban, a character in "The Seven Deadly Sins" or "Nainatzu no Taizaoi"
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Ban.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.