Siddiqui at a concert in SUST campus (2012)
|Born||15 November 1954|
Netrokona, East Bengal, Dominion of Pakistan
|Died||24 November 2017 (aged 63)|
Early life and career
Siddiqui got his formal vocal training at the age of 12 under Gopal Dutt of Netrokona. Since 1981, Bari took lessons for six years under Ustad Aminur Rahman. He later got professional tutelage under V. G. Karnaad in Pune, India. He studied his intermediate study in Netrakona Govt College, he earned his bachelor's from the University of Dhaka and joined Bangladesh Television in about 1985.
- "Eminent folk singer, flautist Bari Siddiqui passes away" (in Bengali). bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- Zahangir Shah (May 31, 2011). "Bari Siddiqui Performance in Manikganj". The Daily Star. Manikganj. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Sadya Afreen Mallick (January 14, 2009). "Bari Siddiqui unplugged". The Daily Star. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- "Bari Siddiqui on life support". The Daily Star. 2017-11-19. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- Zahangir Alom (November 15, 2015). "A Medley of Soul-searching Melodies". The Daily Star. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Aminul Islam (May 24, 2016). "Bari Siddiqui performs in Mymensingh". The Daily Star. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- "বারী সিদ্দিকী মারা গেছেন" (in Bengali). bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more". prothom-alo.com. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "প্রখ্যাত সঙ্গীতশিল্পী বারী সিদ্দিকী আর নেই". Kaler kantho. Archived from the original on 24 November 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
|This article on a Bangladeshi singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|